Talk about white knuckles...

/ Talk about white knuckles... #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I found this a bit hard to believe; one that any machine could do this and still survive, and two...any man would have the skill and the guts to operate it.

/ Talk about white knuckles... #2  
These machines are designed to do this exact kind of stuff. But I agree, the operator does need to have the guts to do it.

/ Talk about white knuckles... #3  
It would have been interesting to see how that piece of equipment got back out. The operator must have vast experience with equipment. Just watching made my guts hurt. I saw as he crossed the bridge - he was trailing straps of some sort. Perhaps to help get out if the equipment wasn't capable.

In any case - glad it was him and not me.

/ Talk about white knuckles... #5  
Yeaaa, he's tethered, it's really not that big a deal.

There's loggers who operate machinery tethered, in the mountains all the time, you get use to it...

SR

/ Talk about white knuckles... #6  
wow....lots of different controls/buttons/switches to operate all the things that can be manipulated on that creepy crawly machine. :thumbsup:

/ Talk about white knuckles... #7  
It would be a bad day for a mechanic if the machine broke down while in that position.

/ Talk about white knuckles... #8  
How about this guy

/ Talk about white knuckles... #9  
Two things I'd most like to know is what the control setup looks like for that thing, and what's on the price tag for a machine like that?

Not sure I'd want one for general use, but it is an interesting piece of equipment that looks to be highly specialized for specific applications. ..which usually means interesting control layouts and high cost of buying and maintaining. ..usually

/ Talk about white knuckles... #10  
Still not sure why though, I guess to have fireworks mixed with tractor gymnastics :)