Taps at 3pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Taps at 3pm today #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
For any musicians out there.......i guess there is a national? movement for every one to play taps at 3pm today.

Nice gesture, i hope i remember.

If you can't play anything stop by, i can show you how to play taps in about 15 seconds, except....not with a bugle!

1622458271071.jpeg

/ Taps at 3pm today #4  
As I told someone this morning if you have not served in combat you do not fully appreciate the importance of this day. The names may become vague but the faces of my friends lost will always be in my memory. They gave up their youth so we could all be free. To their families my prayer that you find comfort in knowing that they gave the full measure so others might enjoy freedom for it is not free

just an old soldier rambling on this special day

/ Taps at 3pm today #5  
Everyday is "Memorial Day" for me..i.e. I raise/lower the American Flag every day....but not when it is raining...like today. The tombs of know and unknown soldiers as well as all those dedicated Americans are always on my mind. Maybe I'll get my old trumpet out at 3PM today and try the "Taps" again.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Taps at 3pm today #6  
Everyday is "Memorial Day" for me..i.e. I raise/lower the American Flag every day....but not when it is raining...like today. The tombs of know and unknown soldiers as well as all those dedicated Americans are always on my mind. Maybe I'll get my old trumpet out at 3PM today and try the "Taps" again.

Cheers,
Mike
I hope someday everyone will think the way you do. I pray for the return of an appreciation for what this nation has accomplished. We freed the world from communism and depraved dictators, put a man on the moon, cured numerous diseases, created amazing advancements and gave many of our sons to keep the world free.

Sure would be nice to appreciate that instead of what you see today- remarkable, depraved hatred and resentment by bitter America haters.

God Bless America. I hope she can emerge from these difficult times of division, distrust, and hopelessness to only be stronger, more positive and more united!

United We Stand! 🇺🇲
Divided we fall! :(

Last edited:
   / Taps at 3pm today #7  
FYI...Memorial Day is NOT a holiday...it's only considered a holiday by ignoramuses that think because they get they get the day off it's a holiday and ignorant copy writers that list it with recognized national "holidays".

Recognizing anything other than those that gave their lives in the line of duty to their country on this day only dilutes the honor and remembrance the fallen deserve...!
Few people understand War. I do. I was in one for two years.

But I don't want anybody else (civilians, non-combat REMFs) to understand it. I really don't.

And knowing a few of our Soldiers before they made the ultimate sacrifice, I can tell you that they wouldn't want people to understand War and its toll on soldiers either.

So if it's just a phony-baloney, virtue-signaling, "Thank You For Your Service" I am okay with that. I just smile and nod politely.

I would rather celebrate my buddies' deaths with a beer (or five) than cry about it.

They would rather I do that, too. I guarantee. It's how they are. It is who they were.

/ Taps at 3pm today #8  
Many times while doing my trustee duties at our church a veteran would be brought to the cemetery to be laid to rest.
Every time taps were played and the guns fired I had to stand in awe. Makes the hair on your neck stand up.
Whether they saw combat or not they had my respect.

/ Taps at 3pm today #9  
Worked all day in the hay fields, but the fallen were on my mind.

/ Taps at 3pm today #10  
Well, that turned Frankenkubota's nice post into a crap-fest pretty quickly. Hope everyone is proud of themselves.

Memorial Day (originally known as Decoration Day[1]) is a federal holiday in the United Statesfor honoring and mourning the military personnel who have died in the performance of their military duties.[2]

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.