Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good?

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Rural King has a Taurus G2C for $154.99 after rebate. Sounds like an ideal tractor gun. Not many tears if lost in the middle of a sixty acre field. It is a 12+1 9mm that has got decent reviews everywhere I can find. There are no one or two out of five star reviews that I've seen. Most gripes concern the trigger.

Any comments?

RSKY

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #2  
Rural King has a Taurus G2C for $154.99 after rebate. Sounds like an ideal tractor gun. Not many tears if lost in the middle of a sixty acre field. It is a 12+1 9mm that has got decent reviews everywhere I can find. There are no one or two out of five star reviews that I've seen. Most gripes concern the trigger.

Any comments?

RSKY

Any gun "that" I'd buy with the possibility of losing I would NEVER EVER fill out paperwork for. Completely legal depending on FTF laws within your own state. That's just me and my tin foil hat though.

That said, not familiar with the gun, looked it up though, the price you mentioned seems good, added it's a nice looking gun for the money IMHO. Not certain how you could go wrong at that price with it unless it's pure crap.

NOTE - 162 reviews, most of them good (didn't read all them, but no one said it was crap).

Taurus G2C 9mm Pistol in Black | 1-G2C931-12 | PSA

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #3  
I saw that ad this morning and was wondering about it also. Taurus are mostly decent guns for the money but I have never fired that model.
I understand your idea of a cheap gun, if you scrape it up, or somehow damage it at least you are not out much. If you do lose a gun you can easily report it to the local PD and they will put it in the NCIC system so there is not a lot of reason to worry. Happens all the time, stolen, lost, nothing unusual about it - better a cheapie than a Sig, Glock, HK, etc...

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #4  
I have a Taurus Millennium G2 and it is a great shooting gun and is lightweight so it is a good CCW. Some folks dont like the long pull of the trigger but I like it. You dont have to be concerned that touching the trigger might cause it to fire since it take a bit of take-up first. I like that it is double action/single action. In case of a light firing pin strike, you can instantly pull the trigger on a mis-fire for a second strike. I have never had it mis-fire, fail to eject or fail to load.

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #5  
It's not a bad little gun, check out Hickok45, he did a pretty good review of it, he tells it like it is..

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #6  
I looked at a Taurus when I was looking for a .22 magnum revolver. The Taurus was locked up, it wouldn't cock and the trigger was frozen.

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #7  
Our rk had two shopping carts full of them on friday, by noon on saturday they had 12 left. trigger pull on this model is a striker fire and not double single action. great gun for the price.

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #8  
Iwas wrong it is a double action and not striker fired.

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good?
Having spent the better part of a day walking a twelve acre field looking for a billfold I am very hesitant to carry anything very valuable while driving a tractor. That is why I won't carry my Glock or S&W with me. Just too much money to be lost and I am a notorious cheapskate. I usually carry a single shot .410 pistol in a cross draw holster but haven't shot anything with it. There is one place we mow that is on the backside of nowhere that I have caught people stealing from the barns there. Also a lot of dope grown in that area. But the main reason I would want it is because I suspect a nearby house has some methheads living there.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate methheads? Had to work with several over the years until we could get them fired or they got themselves arrested. We had a couple stop and talk to us last year while we were mowing and I did not like the way they acted. Did not make much sense when they talked.

Anyway, I have just traded for a Glock so I doubt if I can swing another one this quick. SWMBO would find that extravagant.

RSKY

/ Taurus G2C for $154.99, any good? #10  
wish there were a RK close to me. I would have bought a couple for that price