TBN ers most civil people on net?

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Having found TBN a very useful an informative site I thought I'd see what other discussion forums are out there. While there are other sites that have useful info on topics I have an interest in (home improvement, construction etc) I found it next to impossible to wade through all the flaming, profanity, and incivility I found on some of the other boards. Some seemed more like poorly run chat rooms than informative boards. Just wanted to thank all my fellow TBNers (AND MOHAMMED!!!) for making this the most civil board I've found yet on the net!!

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #2  
Of course they...we... are the most civil people on the net. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #3  
No doubt Muhammad has managed to "dictate" this board into polite submission, many times. He has a quiet power that is rare to find anywhere. TBN is indeed a refreshing and almost unique haven of civility and sanity on the Net.

But at the same time, no man is an island, not even Muhammad. A LOT of appreciation and support are due to the Moderators -- Harv, John Miller, III, MChalkley, MikePa, & Roger_Scotty -- who literally work the nite through to do a pretty thankless job of maintaining a benevolently watchful eye on the "TBN family". It is truly a group effort. It is fair to say that with their efforts, "The sun never sets on TBN."

But let's never forget either, that it is the Users, finally, who are the ones who agree to come together and create this marvelous resource.

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #4  
You got that right. When I first got on the web years ago, I used to go to the car chat rooms a lot. After a few weeks I got real sick of all the "This car is bad" "that car is bad" "mines faster then your is" Glad I found a few good sites.

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #5  
I find many of the writers very capable of explaining things very well to novices like me.

It makes it much more fun when you are learning new concepts.

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #6  
TBN is the most important reason that I have the internet. I have looked through other forums regarding my other interests (shooting, hunting, football), but TBN is the omly one I bother reading daily, or ever posting on. Thanks Muhammed and all the moderators!

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #7  
No matter what the topic, TBN'ers are willing to guide you through the thought process. When we have had a few rude comments, we have come together to uphold the standards and maintain the quality. This is not easy and will continue to challenge each and every one of us.
Because we value each other, we will continue to build the strongest and best form site on the web.
PJ

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #8  
Yes no doubt about it, this is THE place to be.

I have tried some plane sites, gardening sites etc. - All CRAP !!

I'll stick to TBN.

hey I have even learned some plane & gardening stuff here !!

Cheers

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #9  
<font color=blue>...gardening sites etc. - All CRAP ...</font color=blue>

Now Neil...

I would expect that on a "gardening site"...

Isn't that the secret recipe of most gardens... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ TBN ers most civil people on net? #10  
After some 15 years online, I can say this is the nicest site in terms of both content and civility I have ever ventured across. Everyone is civil. Any "my color is better than yours" is normally at most good natured kidding. One can state an unpopular opinion and be corrected without flaming. This is where I come for both research for professional reasons and relaxation for personal reasons. TBN is great and I try to get every one I talk tractors with (and that's several people in the course of business) to check it out. Thanks TBN!!