TC33D w/ or w/o SuperSteer??

/ TC33D w/ or w/o SuperSteer?? #1  

Jay Drow

I'm looking at a TC33D and would be buying it with a loader. Is the SuperSteer option worth the $$? I don't have any trees to mow around but do have 8 acres of woods to negotiate through and around. The SuperSteer also adds 9" to the wheelbase/overall length.

/ TC33D w/ or w/o SuperSteer?? #2  
I think the TC33 is a nice tractor. I don't think the Super Steer option it is worth the cost, but apparantly a lot of people do or they wouldn't offer it. I did not like the added wheelbase dimensions and when compared with similar tractors in other brands, the supersteer did not turn a significant amount faster in 2WD than the other models. In 4WD is was about 10% better, which is not insignificant, but hardly worth that for most of my use. I can hit the left brake and turn inside my own tracks, but seldom use them for turning.

Guess from the response, that not many others on this board have them either. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Removing the loader will do more for maneuvering in close places (or at least taking the bucket off) than Supersteer will do. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TC33D w/ or w/o SuperSteer?? #3  
I did not go w/ the Supersteer. I tried it and for my purposes there really was no added benefit (good example of the distinction between a feature and a benefit!) so it wasn't worth the add'l ~$1K. I could see uses for it if you have to mow around a lot of trees, maneuver in/around stalls in a tight barn, landscaping business where you never know how tight the next job will be, etc.