TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced

/ TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #1  

brycecheramie

Tractor
New Holland TC33DA
Seems like i'm having the same issue many others have had...
I've done my best to search and read through threads before posting. I have owned the tractor for about a year with no issues at all. Used it a few days ago to move some dirt around and parked it afterwards. Went to start it today and nothing. My PTO light is on even though the PTO lever is in the off position... My fuses were popped, so i replaced them. PTO light still on. I went under the tractor to check the PTO lever and noticed there were wires cut. No clue where the wires go to or where to reconnect them.
I've read that it could be an issue with battery cables, and although I haven't checked that yet, i don't think that's my issue because of the PTO light staying on.

I will follow up soon to post a picture of said cut wires. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
   / TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced
Here’s what I found

Attachments

• 07939712-AEE0-4525-8AC7-86A46FB5B471.jpeg
    07939712-AEE0-4525-8AC7-86A46FB5B471.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
   / TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #3  
I would assume that 2 of those connect to the switch in the case. Which ones? That's the tough part..... Do you know what that switch is for? Any other wires hanging ?

I would assume that 2 of those connect to the switch in the case. Which ones? That's the tough part..... Do you know what that switch is for? Any other wires hanging ?
That is the only wires hanging.
Just need to figure out which one goes to which…

/ TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #5  
I tried referring to the wiring diagram and transmission break-down, but decided to just use some deductive reasoning on your photo. Seems rather simple, in that the top two connectors go to the top switch and the bottom two to the lower switch. One yellow and one white to each switch. Those are normally open switches, so it doesn't matter which of the 2 wires coming out of the switch are wired to the white and yellow. I would seriously consider soldering those connections and using plenty of heat shrink tubing to strengthen those wires.

I believe those 2 switches are for the tranny "neutral" and rear pto "off" safety start function. good luck!!!!

I'm checking further and if I can add more info, I will.

I tried referring to the wiring diagram and transmission break-down, but decided to just use some deductive reasoning on your photo. Seems rather simple, in that the top two connectors go to the top switch and the bottom two to the lower switch. One yellow and one white to each switch. Those are normally open switches, so it doesn't matter which of the 2 wires coming out of the switch are wired to the white and yellow. I would seriously consider soldering those connections and using plenty of heat shrink tubing to strengthen those wires.

I believe those 2 switches are for the tranny "neutral" and rear pto "off" safety start function. good luck!!!!

I'm checking further and if I can add more info, I will.
I’ve narrowed it down to each set of wires and where they go. Just like you stated. You can see the shorter wires go to the top connection and longer goes to bottom.
my only concern was I didn’t know which 2 wires went where.
But if it doesn’t matter then I will connect them this evening and go from there.

/ TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #7  
I'm thinking that those 2 switches are just on/off switches so it would not matter which way they were plugged in.

/ TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #8  
Got a photo of my TC33D. All four wires coming to the connectors are orange on my rig. By just wiping the wires off, had one separate, so I need to heed my own warning and secure the connectors.

100_0611.JPG

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know the tractor is fixed.
It was the wires cut that was the issue.
Not sure if I matched them up right the first time, or if it really doesn’t matter which wire goes where but it fixed my no start and PTO light being on.

/ TC33DA No start - PTO light on dash - Fuses replaced #10  
Cool! Isn't it great when it's a simple fix? Glad you got it figured out.