TC35D 3-Point Bounce

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
So I've had this bounce and bleed-down thing going for several months. It seems to be getting a little worse now. The bounce is present anytime the 3-point is positioned from just off the ground to full height. I swear I can feel it in the loader when doing small adjustments like sliding the pallet forks into a pallet too. The 3-point bleeds down in 1.5 to 2 minutes after shutoff.

Where do I start?

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce #2  
So I've had this bounce and bleed-down thing going for several months. It seems to be getting a little worse now. The bounce is present anytime the 3-point is positioned from just off the ground to full height. I swear I can feel it in the loader when doing small adjustments like sliding the pallet forks into a pallet too. The 3-point bleeds down in 1.5 to 2 minutes after shutoff.

Where do I start?

A possible cause is a leakey lift cylinder. As it leaks down the control senses the position change and the lift cycles back up.

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce #3  
^^^^What Jerry said^^^^
When I had the same problem it was a leak in the 3 pt cylinder seal. I could feel the box blade sink and raise while I was trying to level my driveway gravel. What happens is you set the 3 pt implement height on the lift lever. When the hyd oil leaks out of the cylinder the pump tries to maintain the setting of the 3 pt and you get a cycle of (lift-leak out-lift again-leak out again. Its a prety rapid up and down cycle. The fix is a new seal in the 3 pt lift piston. It get worse as the seal wears more. It won't go away until the seal is replaced.

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce #4  
The first thing you do is look at that "deee-lux" operator platform and realize you can't do nuthin' until it comes off. Unlike the non-deluxe models where the job is a snap, yours is gonna be a pain. You have to adjust your mental attitude for doing lots of "get to it" before you can even start the job. The pictures I posted below are ones I copied from another TBNer's post about access to the lift cylinder. Yours is in the same place, but below the operator's platform. You might be able to see it by removing the seat and looking back through the hole under the seat support. I just don't think you'll be able to R&R without removal of the platform.

Attachments

• liftaccess.jpg
    liftaccess.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 461
  • liftcylcover1.jpg
    liftcylcover1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 570
   / TC35D 3-Point Bounce
I knew you'd have some great news for me Jim! :D

How thoughtful of NH not to put an access panel there. Looks like fun.

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce #6  
Mine was doing the same thing last summer. Took it to the dealer expecting to have the lift cylinder rebuilt. They found that the suction line clamps were loose and allowing air into the system. This was causing the oil to foam and the lift cylinder to "bounce". The tightened it up and I haven't had any problem since. IT still bleeds down in about 3-4 hours, but it has done that for the last 5 years. This may not be your problem, but it is a lot easier to check.

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce
I recalled your post and gave that a look, but unfortunately that wasn't it.

Work really didn't slow down over the winter so I haven't found the time to investigate further. But over the last two weeks its gotten quite a bit worse so I'm going to have to dive into it soon.

/ TC35D 3-Point Bounce
My TC just turned over 1800 hrs today. How many hrs on your 45DA?