Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #11  

MossRoad

Old Timer
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Every human has a blind spot in each eye.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #12  

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota Grand L6060 (no loader), 2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, 1997 Kubota M4700
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #13  

jaxs

Elite Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
Every human has a blind spot in each eye.
Uhh oh,I know that now but didn't before my retinologist told me. I hope that isn't how you came to know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #15  

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
A watch can be used as a compass. If you point the hour hand at the sun, halfway between the hour hand and the 12 is South. Try it.

Well, sort of. It is within 15 degrees or so but I prefer to rely on my compass.

Funny story though... about 10 years ago we were on a timber cruise. We use a hand held GPS to get near a cruise point, then pace and compass the last 100 feet or so. At breakfast that AM I scoffed at a coworker who said that he always carries two compasses.
An hour into the woods my GPS said bearing to plot was east, so I took out my compass and started pacing. Suddenly I realized that the sun was at my back... at around 8:00 in the morning. WTF?
Somehow my compass had reversed it's polarity, so the north arrow was pointing south. I was wearing a snowboarding coat, and most likely had gotten it too close to one of the magnets in the lapel.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #16  

lman

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland 3040, New Holland 1530, Oliver 1850
Noon is not the high point of the sun.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #17  

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
A mix between a Chihuahua and a dachshund is called a "chiweenie.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #19  

Cougsfan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO35, Branson 4720CH
Potato starch molecules are the largest molecules known. They can be so large that it is the only individual molecule that a person can see without magnification.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #20  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Well, sort of. It is within 15 degrees or so but I prefer to rely on my compass.

Funny story though... about 10 years ago we were on a timber cruise. We use a hand held GPS to get near a cruise point, then pace and compass the last 100 feet or so. At breakfast that AM I scoffed at a coworker who said that he always carries two compasses.
An hour into the woods my GPS said bearing to plot was east, so I took out my compass and started pacing. Suddenly I realized that the sun was at my back... at around 8:00 in the morning. WTF?
Somehow my compass had reversed it's polarity, so the north arrow was pointing south. I was wearing a snowboarding coat, and most likely had gotten it too close to one of the magnets in the lapel.
Confusus say:

"Man with two compasses never know which is correct"

Bruce