Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #12  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #13  
Every human has a blind spot in each eye.
Uhh oh,I know that now but didn't before my retinologist told me. I hope that isn't how you came to know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #15  
A watch can be used as a compass. If you point the hour hand at the sun, halfway between the hour hand and the 12 is South. Try it.

Well, sort of. It is within 15 degrees or so but I prefer to rely on my compass.

Funny story though... about 10 years ago we were on a timber cruise. We use a hand held GPS to get near a cruise point, then pace and compass the last 100 feet or so. At breakfast that AM I scoffed at a coworker who said that he always carries two compasses.
An hour into the woods my GPS said bearing to plot was east, so I took out my compass and started pacing. Suddenly I realized that the sun was at my back... at around 8:00 in the morning. WTF?
Somehow my compass had reversed it's polarity, so the north arrow was pointing south. I was wearing a snowboarding coat, and most likely had gotten it too close to one of the magnets in the lapel.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #16  
Noon is not the high point of the sun.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #17  
A mix between a Chihuahua and a dachshund is called a "chiweenie.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #18  
There are no seagulls in Hawaii.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #19  
Potato starch molecules are the largest molecules known. They can be so large that it is the only individual molecule that a person can see without magnification.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #20  
Well, sort of. It is within 15 degrees or so but I prefer to rely on my compass.

Funny story though... about 10 years ago we were on a timber cruise. We use a hand held GPS to get near a cruise point, then pace and compass the last 100 feet or so. At breakfast that AM I scoffed at a coworker who said that he always carries two compasses.
An hour into the woods my GPS said bearing to plot was east, so I took out my compass and started pacing. Suddenly I realized that the sun was at my back... at around 8:00 in the morning. WTF?
Somehow my compass had reversed it's polarity, so the north arrow was pointing south. I was wearing a snowboarding coat, and most likely had gotten it too close to one of the magnets in the lapel.
Confusus say:

"Man with two compasses never know which is correct"

Bruce