Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #461  
All attorneys are lawyers, but not all lawyers are attorneys.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #462  
Something you may not know...When rolling up a garden hose, extension cord, drop something, or do most anything the part disappears, hose, rope or cord will always get tangled around something.
If someone said "I'll give you a million dollars if you can lasso a chair leg when winding up that cord", you couldn't do it if you tried 1,000 times...but...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #463  
Something you may not know...When rolling up a garden hose, extension cord, drop something, or do most anything the part disappears, hose, rope or cord will always get tangled around something.
If someone said "I'll give you a million dollars if you can lasso a chair leg when winding up that cord", you couldn't do it if you tried 1,000 times...but...
Isn't that a tenet of Murphy's Law? :D

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #464  
On February 24, Russia invaded Ukraine.
On February 25, my wife and I were in an antique/consignment shop and I found this print block.

How timely. It was probably from the WWII era.

View attachment 741809

Would love to know the history behind the print block. I think the guy to the right is a Cossack. The Cossack's, like the Ukrainians, fought for and against the Soviets. Is the guy on the right a Russian solider....

Later,
Dan

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #465  
From the Live Science web site:

If all the SARS-CoV-2 particles currently circulating in humans around the globe were gathered together into one place, they would weigh somewhere between the weight of an apple and that of a young toddler, according to a new study.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #466  
I can't vouch for the truth, "But I read"...

That if the world's population would live in the manner of the people living in Manhatten, Everyone could "fit" in the state of Texas. I wouldn't wish that on Texans, but it is an interesting visual.

Don't get me going on how extensive plant and fungi life is.... ;-)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #467  
Would love to know the history behind the print block. I think the guy to the right is a Cossack. The Cossack's, like the Ukrainians, fought for and against the Soviets. Is the guy on the right a Russian solider....

Later,
Dan
Russian on the left, some guy with molotov cocktails on the right. There was no history as to when it was made. I find all kinds of interesting advertising/news print blocks in our travels, as they catch my eye since I worked at a newspaper for 30 years. When I started there in 1987, there were no more print blocks. Everything was flat work, sized, cut and hand-pasted onto a sheet of paper the same size of a full newspaper page, then sent of to the camera and platemaking department to make thin aluminum polymer coated printing plates.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #468  
Steve McQueen was a "towel boy" in a bordello; Richard Pryor grew up in a bordello operated by his mother.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #469  
Lobster was considered unfit for human consumption in France and was fed to prisoners (not recently)
In Maine too. It’s said that prisoners in Maine once rebelled because all they were given to eat was lobster.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #470  
We don't know how many people were killed during the Inquisition.

It is estimated that deaths ranged from 3000 to 10,000, but some sources say in the millions.