Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,191  
Working with fiberglas will shorten you life by 20 years. When we thought this to be a wonderful material in the 60's, it turns out that every thing involved was carcinogenic. And could not be recycled. We still make these boats that can not decay in any natural way. As we have never addressed the problem of plastics.
Got any link citations that back up that 20 year theory...?
I have been working with fiberglass in different capacities for over 50 years... (woven glass cloths, polyester, MEK (and derivatives), epoxy and a plethora of additives and working compounds...many of the products warnings state that there are only nuisance issues...other more worthy products have always had warning labels...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,192  
We almost blew ourselves to hell
Just After the JFK inaugural a B52 broke up over the Carolinas and dropped TWO (count 'em TWO) 3.8 Megaton Nukes on Goldsboro NC.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,194  
Got any link citations that back up that 20 year theory...?
I have been working with fiberglass in different capacities for over 50 years... (woven glass cloths, polyester, MEK (and derivatives), epoxy and a plethora of additives and working compounds...many of the products warnings state that there are only nuisance issues...other more worthy products have always had warning labels...
This all may be true, but we all know you died 15 years ago. You are just stubborn and won't admit it.

(I worked aviation, I died twenty years ago from all the chemicals and hazardous materials. I'm stubborn too, So I KNOW what you are up to!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,195  
Just read in the news....

There are 20 different types of POLAR BEARS!

Here , I always thought a polar bear was a polar bear, and they ate penguins. ;-)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,197  
Just read in the news....

There are 20 different types of POLAR BEARS!

Here , I always thought a polar bear was a polar bear, and they ate penguins. ;-)
I thought they ate seals...... must be a different type! ;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,198  
Grizzlies, on the other hand...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,199  
I didn't know his!! Seems like a lot of forest to maintain one ship.
They need clear straight grained wood, with no knots or irregularities. You don’t want to be steam bending a 12X16 timber, 60-ft long, and have things decide to bust loose.

At the time the Constitution was laid down, there was a lot of old growth oak which could be used. But as all of it was harvested, it pretty much disappeared. part of what drove the move to metal hulled ships.

The only way to get the sizes of wood needed is to establish a tree farm, and grow your own, for a century or so.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,200  
As a kid my grandparents took me on vacation all over North America. In Yellowstone Park the ranger guide was talking about the Grizzly bears. I said I'm from Virginia, how are they different from our bears?
He said you have black bears. You climb a tree to get away and they go up after you.
Here the Grizzly takes the tree down.