Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,131  
We don't have an hollers in this part of Indiana. Just flat land. However, there are some pretty deep drainage ditches along the roads. Deep enough that they wouldn't see your car down there unless they were looking for it.
That counts as a "holler" in  my part of Indiana.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,132  
We don't have an hollers in this part of Indiana. Just flat land. However, there are some pretty deep drainage ditches along the roads. Deep enough that they wouldn't see your car down there unless they were looking for it.
You've never been in the fruit hills south of Bristol?
There's a few hollers there.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,133  
You've never been in the fruit hills south of Bristol?
There's a few hollers there.
Yes, I've been through there a time or two. ;) Somewhere in my past life I was a delivery driver for for a wholesale florist in South Bend that was owned by Pickerell's that used to be across from the Elkhart rail yard just east of Ash. That's when I saw so much rail action in that yard.

My route was SB, Mishawaka, Osceola, main office, Elkhart, Bristol, Middlebury, Goshen, back to main office, back to South Bend. Sometimes I'd get an order for Shipshewana. Anyhow, I rarely took the same path twice and depending on towns I had deliveries in I'd frequent the back roads in that area. Really pretty farmland. Saw a lot of nice things, but my favorite was the frozen fog/frost on cold mornings covering everything. The horses' breath pulling the buggies at a good trot always reminded me of steam trains, as it was rhythmic.

SW of South Bend has a few hills as well. However, nothing like running around southern Indiana.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,135  
I could do that from 10 feet except I would probably belly flop. Here's another video.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,136  
In the original book, "The Wizard of Oz," Dorothy's slippers were silver. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,137  
Buddy Ebsen (Jed Clampett on "The Beverly Hillbillies") was cast as the Tin Man but had a severe allergic reaction to aluminum dust so the role went to Jack Haley. Buddy Ebsen should have played the Scarecrow, but Ray Bolger was also an excellent dancer.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,140  
Interesting, I had a collection also of "Nippers." It was a tech/nerd thing to appreciate. :)

Last edited: