Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,841  
Does anyone know without looking it up the history of 911? I didn't until now and (to me ) I was curious.
"The first 911 call in the United States came from Haleyville, Alabama and was made by Alabama Speaker of the House, Rankin Fite on February 16, 1968 to Tom Bevill, a U.S. Representative."
Only half of the US had 911 by the late 80's.
The first emergency system ever was in the UK in 1937...either 112 or 999.
240 million 911 calls last year, a lot of crazy ones, even drug dealers "butt dialing" by accident during a drug trade!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,842  
Something weird. A guy accidentally drops a basketball in a bucket of paint and takes it home. He becomes a painting contractor, adds a layer every day. 2 tons and 25,000 layers later it's a roadside attraction, free and you get to add a layer with your name and layer number on his shed wall.

Roadside America

Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions › ...

World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana

The World's Largest Ball of Paint hangs from an industrial-size hook: a solid mass of microscopically-thin layers, painted on top of each other.

2023_01_20_13.35.17.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,844  
I spent a lot of my youth on Long Island, NY. Back then it was home to some of the best duck farms in the world. I remember ordering duck at a very well known restaurant in Paris and they proudly listed it as LI Duck.
Sadly the land prices being so high and competition killed the industry and only one farm is left.
The Duck is a road side attraction left over from the beginning of the duck farm industry and is still around, though it has moved. We drove past it many times throughout my life.
1674247162968.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,845  
Ever been to Casey, IL.?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,846  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,847  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,850