Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,921  
There's no higher high than sobriety.
That's what a good friend told me before he passed (r.i.p.). He did it all, then quit everything, the picture of health before he died. The best party wife & I went to we pretended to drink, hilarious watching everyone getting stoned & blasted, but next day felt great, no hangover. The pot smokers we know actually believe it makes them smarter, and I have to watch my brother die with last stage cirrhosis after trying every intervention.
I know I'm boring...but to me the world would be a better place if all of it was destroyed.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,922  
What I found in my youth was that alcohol is way more destructive to me than pot.

My attitude when drunk was destructive. My attitude when high on pot was mellow, pleasant, and very happy. I never got into trouble when high, but yikes when I was drunk. All kinds of trouble.

Also, the after affects of getting drunk VS getting high are quite different to me. Hangovers, throwing up, etc. VS a dry mouth and I'm hungry. Pot was not hard on my body. Alcohol caused physical issues.

I never felt like I needed a joint. It took me a month to stop drinking at great physical and mental distress at age 24. Once I quit, I didn't have a drop for darn near 25 years. Not until both of our kids were able to take care of themselves as adults, for that matter. I always had it in the back of my mind that if my wife or kids were in danger and I was drunk and couldn't respond as a husband or father should, I'd never forgive myself. The responsibilities of being a good husband and father are great motivators.
That's what I have said for years. You don't hear of a guy getting stoned, then going home and beating up his girlfriend.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,923  
If you remember the 60’s… YOU WEREN’T THERE.
1674748406242.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,925  
There's no higher high than sobriety.
That's what a good friend told me before he passed (r.i.p.). He did it all, then quit everything, the picture of health before he died. The best party wife & I went to we pretended to drink, hilarious watching everyone getting stoned & blasted, but next day felt great, no hangover. The pot smokers we know actually believe it makes them smarter, and I have to watch my brother die with last stage cirrhosis after trying every intervention.
I know I'm boring...but to me the world would be a better place if all of it was destroyed.
I was the designated driver for those 25ish years. I have to say that while it's sometimes fun and entertaining to be sober around drunk people, if they're really drunk, you're not in on the joke, and it gets kind of annoying. ;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,927  
That's what I have said for years. You don't hear of a guy getting stoned, then going home and beating up his girlfriend.
No you dont. But you here too many times someone who is pennyless and jobless doing anything and everything to chase their next high....including stealing from their own friends and family.

Now while you might rebut that most people that smoke weed dont do that.....and I'd agree with you.....there are some that do. And there are some that start on weed and it just isnt enough and seek other forms (harder drugs) to get high.

Just like your example.....not everyone that drinks some beer goes home and becomes a wife-beater.

Dont judge the whole crowd based on a few bad apples. I drink beer, party, and have been drunk. And never once have I felt inclined to hurt anyone. Not everyone is the same. Just like many who want to smoke pot, and relax, and mind their own.....shouldnt judge them because others want to do the same but have to resort to a life of crime to do so.

Now some of this may simply be because weed has been taboo for so long.....that they cannot find/keep a job.....or constantly have to look over their shoulders because smoking weed is "illegal"....so the line between "legally" and "morally" correct become blurred......but its still no excuse IMO.