Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,021  
This has nothing to do with wearing bibs. As for me, I only wear mine at the dinner table, helps keep my t-shirts clean.

New Mexico's Department of Transportation decided to spice up a desolate quarter-mile stretch of Route 66 between Albuquerque and Tijeras. Grooves were added in the road that play music when you drive over them going the speed limit of 45 mph. The grooves work just like the rumble strips, which vibrate your car if you drift out of your lane. These particular strips are positioned to create different pitches when you drive over them, and if you do, you can clearly hear "America the Beautiful" play through the vibrations in your car's wheels.
And if you drive it at double the speed limit it plays "Highway to He77"
😁

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,022  
And if you drive it at double the speed limit it plays "Highway to He77"
😁
Decades ago my parents had a memo pad which suggested hymns to sing while driving at various speeds. It's been nearly 60 years so I don't remember all of them.
However I do recall two...
At 110 mph sing "Nearer, my God to thee"
At 120 mph sing "Open your arms Lord, I'm coming home!"

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,023  
I don't ever remember lobsters being cheap, but we had some cousins who lived on Long Island we went to visit once in the early 60s, and they'd go clamming in L.I. Sound 'most every day. Always came back with a lot. I was about 10 at the time and man, was I ever sick of steamed clams by the end of that visit! They sent us home with a big burlap bag of them when we left. Given the price of clams today, I'd guess they aren't that abundant anymore.
I grew up on LI and always went to collect mussels, neighbor would go for blue claw crab. We had flounder, fluke, clams (raking is hard).
Lobster down by the piers on the south shore was cheap, steamed right off the boat.
I even had a lobster permit for a few years.
When I moved away, the fishing was already going down hill and many areas were off limits for harvesting.
Miss those days as all seafood and fish is so expensive, especially after growing up with just labor to harvest vs. $

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,024  
DE3C305B-456B-43FC-A9DA-C9650BB344BB.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,028  
Was shown this by my usual tech advisor. That is my ten year old granddaughter.

My iPhone 11 is now set up so I can tap it three times with a fingernail on the back and the flashlight will come on. Since I have an Otterbox on mine it sometimes take two or three tries. This is so that in an emergency you can turn it on without looking at the screen. Mine is also set up so that I can tap it twice on the back and take a screen shot. I have no idea how she did this. I have looked in settings but cannot find it. I am now taking photos of the inside of my pocket with the flashlight on.

I refuse to give her the satisfaction of granddaddy asking how to turn these functions off. I will wait until the next time she gets stuck in a tree, climbs everything but can't get down, and trade getting her down for the info.

RSKY

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,029  
I grew up on LI and always went to collect mussels, neighbor would go for blue claw crab. We had flounder, fluke, clams (raking is hard).
Lobster down by the piers on the south shore was cheap, steamed right off the boat.
I even had a lobster permit for a few years.
When I moved away, the fishing was already going down hill and many areas were off limits for harvesting.
Miss those days as all seafood and fish is so expensive, especially after growing up with just labor to harvest vs. $
East Moriches. At a time where one could walk to the bay. If you could get past the smell of the duck farms. Mussels and oysters, with hot sauce on the boat for oysters. And my grandfather shucking and slurping when we got home.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,030  
Was shown this by my usual tech advisor. That is my ten year old granddaughter.

My iPhone 11 is now set up so I can tap it three times with a fingernail on the back and the flashlight will come on. Since I have an Otterbox on mine it sometimes take two or three tries. This is so that in an emergency you can turn it on without looking at the screen. Mine is also set up so that I can tap it twice on the back and take a screen shot. I have no idea how she did this. I have looked in settings but cannot find it. I am now taking photos of the inside of my pocket with the flashlight on.

I refuse to give her the satisfaction of granddaddy asking how to turn these functions off. I will wait until the next time she gets stuck in a tree, climbs everything but can't get down, and trade getting her down for the info.

RSKY
Great post 🤣🤣🤣