Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #11  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
Having a similar problem and was looking at the Harbor Freight kit. Looks like the current kit has the exact thread size needed for the Deutz port.

"M10 x 1 male x 1/8 in-27 NPT female straight"

My PT1850 oil pressure gauge started fluctuating while mowing recently. I suspect wiring, but the pressure test kit from HF is so affordable, I'm going to get one for the collection. I will report back.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #13  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
Sierra International OP24891 comes up as equivalent.
  • Sender Code "C", Range: 80 psi DS
  • Range-2 Gauge: 120 Ohms at 0 PSI, 17 Ohms at 80 PSI, 25 Ohms at 70 PSI, 32 Ohms at 60 PSI, 77 Ohms at 20 PSI, 98 Ohms at 10 PSI
  • Terminal Type: 10-32 stud
  • Thread Size: 46395
  • Fit type: Universal Fit

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #14  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
With the HF test kit I was able to quickly verify oil pressure was correct. It turns out the bracket which holds the multifunction dash gauge was loose. Tightened that up and gauge indicated constant regular oil pressure instead of erratically fluctuating. I guess it wasn't grounding properly. I should note the gauge light hadn't been working either and it came back on once the bracket was tightened up.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #15  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
I would run a dedicated ground wire from the panel to the frame, with paint free connections on both ends.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #16  

ponytug

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1445
I would run a dedicated ground wire from the panel to the frame, with paint free connections on both ends.
@BWSwamper Congratulations!

Having had to chase down intermittent gremlins in the past, I have a dislike of bad grounds.

When I bought my PT, I ran ground wires from the negative engine ground to the rear frame, and to the front frame at the front panel, all meeting at the same point. My only regret is that I didn't use high flexibility wire through the tunnel. I also took the time to clean the negative ground point at the engine block and put copper dielectric grease on it to keep it electrically clear and free of corrosion.

I have done the same thing for some older vehicles that I have owned over the years and it did wonders for things like head lights (brighter), dash gauges, and brake lights (reliably working...).

All the best,

Peter