Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #11  
Having a similar problem and was looking at the Harbor Freight kit. Looks like the current kit has the exact thread size needed for the Deutz port.

"M10 x 1 male x 1/8 in-27 NPT female straight"

My PT1850 oil pressure gauge started fluctuating while mowing recently. I suspect wiring, but the pressure test kit from HF is so affordable, I'm going to get one for the collection. I will report back.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel
The harber freight kit works perfect for this application.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #13  
Sierra International OP24891 comes up as equivalent.
  • Sender Code "C", Range: 80 psi DS
  • Range-2 Gauge: 120 Ohms at 0 PSI, 17 Ohms at 80 PSI, 25 Ohms at 70 PSI, 32 Ohms at 60 PSI, 77 Ohms at 20 PSI, 98 Ohms at 10 PSI
  • Terminal Type: 10-32 stud
  • Thread Size: 46395
  • Fit type: Universal Fit

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #14  
With the HF test kit I was able to quickly verify oil pressure was correct. It turns out the bracket which holds the multifunction dash gauge was loose. Tightened that up and gauge indicated constant regular oil pressure instead of erratically fluctuating. I guess it wasn't grounding properly. I should note the gauge light hadn't been working either and it came back on once the bracket was tightened up.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #15  
I would run a dedicated ground wire from the panel to the frame, with paint free connections on both ends.

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #16  
I would run a dedicated ground wire from the panel to the frame, with paint free connections on both ends.
@BWSwamper Congratulations!

Having had to chase down intermittent gremlins in the past, I have a dislike of bad grounds.

When I bought my PT, I ran ground wires from the negative engine ground to the rear frame, and to the front frame at the front panel, all meeting at the same point. My only regret is that I didn't use high flexibility wire through the tunnel. I also took the time to clean the negative ground point at the engine block and put copper dielectric grease on it to keep it electrically clear and free of corrosion.

I have done the same thing for some older vehicles that I have owned over the years and it did wonders for things like head lights (brighter), dash gauges, and brake lights (reliably working...).

All the best,

Peter

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #17  
Fluctuating oil pressure on gauge returned. (ticks and fleas?) Having checked pressure with the HF kit and checked wiring, I decided to replace the oil pressure sender with the Sierra model which came up when searching for the original part 06555-7351. I never found any link to the original part number

I don't think that the Sierra International OP24891 is the correct sender. With it I got steady pressure on the gauge, but pegged at 80 psi. And, ignition on without engine running read 40 psi.

After additional effort, the other sender which comes up searching with the original part number is a Datcon 02504-00.

The Sierra description is 120-17 ohms while the Datcon description is 240-33.5 ohms. Am I thinking about this backward, or wouldn't that suggest the Datcon sender should display in about the appropriate range.

Datcon Oil Pressure Sender
  • 0-80 psi / 0-5 bar
  • 240-33.5 ohms
  • 1/8"-27 Thread
  • Common Ground
  • 10-32 STUD Terminal
  • Note: All straight threads require a sealing washer
  • Type: Standard Duty
1672274143952.png

Last edited:
   / Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #18  
you might want to try to get the correct part here:

/ Test Gold canister that is oil sender on Duetz desiel #19  
The earlier discussion suggested this is not a Deutz part.

Confirmed with Terry at PT. He said there are two oil pressure ports on the Deutz engine used in the PT1850. PT rigs using the side port using a gauged-matched sending unit. I have ordered a replacement sender directly from them.

I will examine the PT supplied part and report any markings.

Last edited: