Tested new smoke detectors.

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I recently replaced all the smoke detectors in the house. I was prompted to do this when one started beeping and as I changed the battery I noticed that it was a couple of years out of date. So I ordered new Kiddee wireless connected smoke detectors. Granddaughter #2 helped me change them out and repair the holes in the ceiling from the old wired connection detectors. One went in each of the three bedrooms, one in utility room by garage door, one in pantry next to kitchen, one in sunroom.

SO, last week grandson was delivered by his dad about 7:00. Of course he wanted me to cook breakfast with him helping. This is one of those rituals you engage in with your grands even if their mom had already fed him. I start the bacon frying while he breaks the eggs in a cup, adds salt, and I put in a couple tablespoons of milk. Yes, at 4-1/2 he can break the eggs into a cup without getting any any shell in it, he has been trained. Next I put slices of bread on a cookie sheet and he spreads butter on them to be put in the oven under broil for toast. So the bacon is ready, eggs scrambled, drinks prepared, and we retire to the family room to watch LEGO videos on YouTube while eating our breakfast.

Oopps, the toast.

YEP, had to open the kitchen door and throw four pieces of blackened still on fire toast out the door onto the sidewalk. I first realized we had a problem when ALL SIX SMOKE DETECTORS started raising he(ll) loud enough to wake the dead. Of course this woke up my wife who ran out of the bedroom to a smoke filled house with all the detectors screaming.

It took hours to get the smoke out of the house and days to get the smell to leave.

I will never live this down. She posted pictures of the burned toast on Facebook with a wildly exaggerated story about what happened. Of course the grandson wants to do it again.

I highly recommend the KIDDEE wireless interconnected smoke detectors.

RSKY

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #3  
Great story RSKY,

Got a good laugh this morning.

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #4  
Your cooking technique would fit in well here!

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #5  
The TV remote control will set mine off if pointed at them. Otherwise - something on one of the stove burners smoked and set them off a couple years ago. I have to get on my ladder to push the "test" button. TV remote control is much easier.

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #6  
I keep most of mine so I can reach them easily so I can test them. I used to cook chinese stir fry frequently and would routinely set off the smoke alarm when throwing the peppers in the wok. Got so I'd stick the smoke detector in the microwave BEFORE peppers went in the oil.

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #7  
Your wife sounds like mine.
I also hear the What were you thinking speech. When apparently I wasnt duh

/ Tested new smoke detectors. #8  
Mine likes to start a conversation in the strangest way,

"Hey, have you been listening?"