Tractor
M5400
One of my family members is considering selling his L245DT. Specifications:
Kubota loader
mid 80's model
3 speed PTO
Power steering
turf tires

Stored outside, so the loader and sheet metal look rough. Mechanically everything works on the tractor. Tractor runs and comes with a 5' brush hog.

/ Testing the waters: L245DT with Loader #2  
Hi JR,
I recently acquired a L225DT - very similar to the L245, same sheet metal. If they are in good mechanical condition these tractors are often priced near 80% of what they sold for new. The base 2wd tractor might be $4,000 with 4wd about $5,000. An original loader in decent shape usually adds another $1000 or more. Many L225's were 2wd without a loader, where more L245's were the DT 4wd model and supplied with loaders. I've seen asking prices like this even on machines that need cosmetic improvements (seat, lights, paint)
Hope other people will chime in. Take care, DickB

Last edited:
   / Testing the waters: L245DT with Loader #3  
I had one of those tractors...20 yrs old and didn't leak a drop...good little machine. The only problem I had was I had to replace one of the rear wheel bearings. Put in a heavier bearing than the stock one and had no more problems. Good luck!

Steve

/ Testing the waters: L245DT with Loader #4  
rbargeron said:
Hi JR,
I recently acquired a L225DT - very similar to the L245, same sheet metal. If they are in good mechanical condition these tractors are often priced near 80% of what they sold for new. The base 2wd tractor might be $4,000 with 4wd about $5,000. An original loader in decent shape usually adds another $1000 or more. Many L225's were 2wd without a loader, where more L245's were the DT 4wd model and supplied with loaders. I've seen asking prices like this even on machines that need cosmetic improvements (seat, lights, paint)
Hope other people will chime in. Take care, DickB
I recently bought a L225 DT which has a front end loader and the 4 wheel drive,it just needs a clutch i think,but everyone ive asked say i got a good deal on this tractor,yeah its 30 yrs old but so are alot of tractors out there and still are running as of today,im wanting to fit a back hoe on this tractor,theres got to be a way to either buy one for the tractor or build one !