Thanks for helping me get this :)

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #11  
After lurking and hopefully learning from everyone here, I finally got my first tractor today.

It's a 2012 Kubota M7040 with 435 hours that's been garage kept all these years. Got the zerks greased up today, the coolant tested good, changed the wiper blade and peeled all the factory plastic off the seat....it's mine now.

Tomorrow I'll change the oil and filter, fuel filter, check fluid in the diffs, transmission fluid and install my LED headlights and change all the other aux lights/turn signal bulbs to LED as well. I'm sure I'll think of more. In a few days I'll pick up my 85" 3 point snow blower from the Kubota dealership down the road. They said something about having to cut the PTO shaft to fit the M7040. Also my tire groover will be here in a couple days so I'll be able to groove the tire lugs for a bit better traction.

Thanks for all the experience you guys have.....I'm sure I'll need assistance again.

Anyway, here are a few pics :)

The "other" orange ride sitting in the barn is my daughter's car.
Kubota M7040,......what an elegant BRUTE !!!

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #13  
Wishing you all the best on your honeymoon!

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #14  
Great looking tractor..(y)

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #15  
Nice, Rare to see that size with industrial tires R4.. let us know how you like them.

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #16  
....what an elegant BRUTE !!! He said it better than I could.

Best of luck with your new love.

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #17  
Sizable and should fit all of your needs.
Good luck with it. It is a well built unit.
Now your daughter's ride might have some company seeing they're the same color and all.

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #18  
Great good luck, my M was a similar find for me; the deal of the decade.
Get that bad boy working :D

/ Thanks for helping me get this :)
I just changed the oil and filter, cleaned the water separator bowl and the fuel filter. At least it's only at 435 hrs but It looks like the original owner may have skipped the 50hr and 300 hr oil recommended oil and filter change. Correct me if I'm mistaken but only the original filters are engine gray. Yep, both the oil and fuel filters look to be the originals.

All I can say is the intervals on all of the maintenance won't be skipped again. Now the "elegant BRUTE", lol, just got topped up with Delvac synthetic and a fresh filter. Now it's time to get to work :p

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #20  
Nice find. Hard to say if it’s been serviced or not, I’ve seen the filter colors debated before and I’m not sure there is a 100% answer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR