Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie?

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
How's everyone cooking the bird these days? I get it cooked for me this year. MY BIL was ready to do it on the Traeger, but my sister said not this year. Instead, we get smoked pumpkin pie. Sounds good!

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #2  
Roasted and served with cornbread stuffing same as it has been long as I can remember. Wife,daughter,DIL and granddaughters will meet to cook and visit tomorrow. Grandsons harvested two wild gooblers last Saturday.

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #3  
Never heard of smoked pumpkin pie.....I'll bet it will be good!

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #4  
Last year I did the turkey on the pellet grill with hickory. It was a big hit and it was requested again. We are also deep frying another turkey in a peanut oil mixture. And I'm smoking a 10 lb. pork loin too. We're feeding around 30 people on Thanksgiving Day this year.

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie?
Last year I did the turkey on the pellet grill with hickory. It was a big hit and it was requested again. We are also deep frying another turkey in a peanut oil mixture. And I'm smoking a 10 lb. pork loin too. We're feeding around 30 people on Thanksgiving Day this year.
31. That pork loin sounds real good. Post the finished pic if you could. Used to put some apple juice in a pan when I slow roasted them on the grill. Love smoked pork.

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #6  
My wife makes a homemade cranberry sauce with whole berries in it. It goes equally well with the turkey and the pork. We always have room for one more, that’s how we get to 30+ some years.

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #7  
Brined and spatchcocked. 4 hours on the egg and it will be a culinary marvel.

Turkey.jpg

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #8  
How's everyone cooking the bird these days? I get it cooked for me this year. MY BIL was ready to do it on the Traeger, but my sister said not this year. Instead, we get smoked pumpkin pie. Sounds good!
Sounds vulgar to me............ (n)

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie? #9  
Standing Rib here from the deep freeze, from the side of beef I bought earlier this year.

I never eat turkey. I cannot stomach eating anything so dumb that if you don't put it's food in front of it, it will starve to death. That is stone dumb. Only applies to farm raised birds. Wild turkeys have more sense.

Standing Rib, garden potatoes, garden carrots home made pumpkin pie. Cannot eat store bought potatoes either. Tasteless turds.

/ Thanksgiving turkey? Smoked punk'n pie?
For those that are interested, the smoked pumpkin pie and the smoked oyster stuffing was best two of a whole bunch of wonderful things. The pie crust was cooked on the Traeger for a half hour, then filled and smoked for 2 more hours. I guess the first half on super smoke. The crust was definitely a rustic butter crust. Very tasty. The filling couldn't have been spiced better and was absolutely creamy. What was missing was the smoke. Dunno where it went, but I couldn't taste it. Hope all had a good gathering this Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• smoked_pumpkin_pie.jpg
    smoked_pumpkin_pie.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 83