The best time of the year is coming up

/ The best time of the year is coming up
Spring on Tuesday with the promise of lower than winter temps and even more rain

What are normal winter temps there? (C is fine, I can convert.)

/ The best time of the year is coming up #12  

Well, you need to remember that things are opposite down here = Northern is warmer and Southern is colder.

This Winter I, in St Helens, NE Tassie, averaged lows of 3C and highs of 14C. There was the odd frost mornings were it got as low as -2C, but only for a few hours.

This morning I went from a, before dawn, temp of 0.0C to a high of 19.5C. Beautiful day... to those acclimatised. Someone from Queensland or, especially, Darwin (Northern Territory) [34C] would be freezing their arse off.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #13  
Hotter than 2 hells in central NC. But.......

Will wonders never cease? No rain for going on 4 days today!

/ The best time of the year is coming up #14  

Where we are about 2km from the sea about 5C low to 12C high with exceptions of a -5 to 20C, wind chill also comes into play and a nice southerly can carve a lot off, straight up from Antarctica.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #15  
Another week of 90+ temps here. We are all huddled indoors with the AC and waiting for decent weather to return.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #16  
I feel so sorry for the hurricane victims on the gulf. Those temp and humidity levels can be fatal.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #17  
My wife thinks Im crazy because I think fall is the best time of the year.

Frosts thin out the bugs
Usually less rain until November
Much less humidity
Huntin seasons
Halloween, love them Reese’s cups
Closer to Christmas
Yeah Ive never grown up but I fear the day I do is the day I die.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #18  
Totally agree Jstpssng! Fall is my favorite season, and we're fortunate to experience all of them. Looking forward to deer season as well as bucking and splitting firewood for future heating seasons.

Bucked up a neighbor's fallen oak a week or so ago. Not much fun wearing chaps etc.. in over 90 humid degrees.:fiery:

/ The best time of the year is coming up #19  
Best time of year here is now, the trouble is, Summer comes when it should be Spring and suddenly it is stinking hot for 9 months. Here is our weather for this week, last day of Winter.

Yeah Bunyip, I feel for ya mate.... LOL I wore a jacket one day so far this Winter.

Weather this week.JPG

/ The best time of the year is coming up
Well, you need to remember that things are opposite down here = Northern is warmer and Southern is colder.

This Winter I, in St Helens, NE Tassie, averaged lows of 3C and highs of 14C. There was the odd frost mornings were it got as low as -2C, but only for a few hours.

This morning I went from a, before dawn, temp of 0.0C to a high of 19.5C. Beautiful day... to those acclimatised. Someone from Queensland or, especially, Darwin (Northern Territory) [34C] would be freezing their arse off.

Best time of year here is now, the trouble is, Summer comes when it should be Spring and suddenly it is stinking hot for 9 months. Here is our weather for this week, last day of Winter.

Yeah Bunyip, I feel for ya mate.... LOL I wore a jacket one day so far this Winter.

View attachment 668098

I couldn't handle that, I need the cold weather to make the heat worth tolerating. I am curious though, on Christmas Eve does that guy in the red suit come all of the way down from the North Pole or does he have another base south of Antarctica? :D