The best time of the year is coming up

/ The best time of the year is coming up #21  
Of course I'm referring to the fall months; no bugs, cool comfortable temps, leaves changing color, gardens giving up their fall bounty, and apple season just around the corner.
My chickens are in the freezer, the turkeys and pigs are getting fat. Before you know it hunting season will be here...
In my younger days I looked forward to the month of deer season with the same ardor which kids have for Christmas.

Today was a nice day to be outside. By the time that I got home it was cool enough so that I put on a light jacket which I haven't worn in months... reaching into the pocket I found the Kubota key which I have been looking for all summer.

It used to be that we could expect frost anytime after Labor Day but that seems to have been pushed back almost a month.

I sure would like to find a place within reasonable driving distance (Cape Cod) to buy some apple drops.
I have a small cider press, and could use 8-10 bushels of drops.
I like to use at least 3 varieties, plus a few pears.
My college roommate on Deer Isle likely has some, but that is nearly an 8 hour drive for me.
Too far for this old guy to go for apples.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #22  
I couldn't handle that, I need the cold weather to make the heat worth tolerating. I am curious though, on Christmas Eve does that guy in the red suit come all of the way down from the North Pole or does he have another base south of Antarctica? :D

Actually His air-con overheated and his sleigh doesn't have any snow to land on so he has given us a miss the last few years. :)

/ The best time of the year is coming up #23  
Happy time is when you don't have to pay for A.C. or heat.:cool2: Love waking up and seeing my breath in morning. :drink: