THE big ROCK

/ THE big ROCK #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
This is the biggest Rock I have managed to dig out with the FEL. Had to move a lot of dirt on three sides to push it out. Then push it a little and backfill behind it to get a better angle of attack. Damaged the brush guard in the process when the tractor slipped down in the hole and hit the rock. It is now bent back some. So will have to take it off to straigten it. Just wanted to share this experience and show it is possible to move big rocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0120 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0120 (Small).JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_0122 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0122 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_0123 (Small) (2).JPG
    IMG_0123 (Small) (2).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 796
   / THE big ROCK #2  
You folks also grow big rocks down there like we do up here. ;)

Battle scar...but you won the battle and that's what counts.

/ THE big ROCK #4  
Big Rock! What are your plans for it..landscaping?

/ THE big ROCK
Not sure yet what to use it for. In the meantime it can rest in the rock fence at the edge of this field. I have three or four more to dig out however the ground is frozen now and will have to wait for spring I think to tackle them. Anyway it was fun always love a tractor challenge. What could'nt I do with a dozer??

/ THE big ROCK #7  
More accurate may be the "Ginormous" rock! I don't think I'd even consider tackling that thing with my M7040. I guess we all know it's possible now. That makes me feel better about a job I was considering. I've got a huge stump beside my house that's been there since we built the house 3 years ago. I can't wait to conquer it now. Of course, I'll have to wait until my tractor gets back from the hospital after getting his broken foot fixed. (See thread: Oh no!!! Flat tire already!!! That IS a good thing you had the grille guard on. If not, you'd have a bent grill, or even worse!!

/ THE big ROCK #8  
Take your time and anythiing is possible. That stump will come out and you'll have the satisfaction and memories that you did it yourself. Common sense and slow and you'll get the job done. Pics when you're finished..

/ THE big ROCK #9  
johnk said:
Take your time and anythiing is possible. That stump will come out and you'll have the satisfaction and memories that you did it yourself. Common sense and slow and you'll get the job done. Pics when you're finished..

Well. . .the stump's already been uprooted.:eek: It was done with a big dozer when the house was being built. But it's got a huge rootball and trunk. Originally it was a whole tree (I guess that's obvious) that they just left laying over in the yard. I have sawed it up and carried it off in pieces over time. Now I'm left with a big rootball and very large trunk.

Pics when you're finished..
You bet!!

/ THE big ROCK #10  
Big Rock? Welll Yeah! That's what the M-series is for. We expect things like this from M7040 owners. In fact, it's a requirement.

Now if you'd dug it out and moved it with a BX24......

Just kidding! Good job! Getting that monster dug out and where you want it, is impressive no matter how big your tractor.
Bob