The choice of tractor

/ The choice of tractor #1  

Richeal

Tractor
ZS1100
I am a new farmer with little experience. I have just contracted a piece of land. The soil is dry. I want to improve the quality of the soil and plow the ground. Which tractor is more cost-effective and suitable for traction disc plows?

/ The choice of tractor #2  
Do you have a budget in mind? How much land do you plan to work? Do you have a specific crop in mind? Are you shopping for implements, too?

/ The choice of tractor #3  
AND.. where are you endeavoring to undertake all this? (location matters- hint: put this in your user info)

/ The choice of tractor #4  
Even deeper...what tasks do you expect to accomplish in the future as well? If you are going to be contracting with land owners to farm their property...you really need to try and think ahead about these tasks and get the appropriate equipment now. If I misunderstood I apologize.

/ The choice of tractor #5  
Welcome to TBN.
Besides using tractor for the garden what other chores the tractor might have?

/ The choice of tractor #6  
Probably want a manual shift or shuttle shift (mechanical gearbox) for your ground implement needs. HST's don't serve those too well.

/ The choice of tractor #7  
If you don't need a loader, I would look at buying an antique tractor. Far cheaper than new, tougher, more reliable, simpler to work on.
I can almost guarantee my 1955 Allis Chalmers will still be working when the new tractors are wore out.

/ The choice of tractor #8  
You might want to test this tractor out:
Or maybe this tractor:
Nice warranties too!

willy

/ The choice of tractor #9  
Perhaps you should get a contractor to do the job this year while you learn more about the climate in the area. This will give you time to figure out the questions you need to ask. The only dumb question is one you did not ask. Also there is a large store of knowledge on the forum, so ask away.
What we need to know is: where is your land, BUDGET, crop, list tasks tractor will do, background(city/rural bred, engineer etc), to understand where the holes in your knowledge are.

Good Luck.
PS as your skill increases you always get "mission creep"

/ The choice of tractor #10  
As Paystar said, ad as I did starting out farming, get yourself some older simpler equipment. It’s cheap and probably won’t break. Much more forgiving to inexperienced users, too.
As to your question about the tractor for a plow or disc, the tractor you need is dependent on the size of them and how much land you buy. Do you already own plow and disc? How big are they?