The color of tractors

/ The color of tractors #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
As a young lad, I possessed certain toy construction equipment that was mostly orange. Tonka trucks usually came in yellow..Some of mine were orange. Toy tractors were usually red.
I often wonder how these colors of our youth, had any subliminal effect on our purchases as adults.
I seem to have an innate predilection to Kubota and that was the tractor i first started looking at.
I knew nothing of tractors to start off with. I simply was "drawn" to the color as I passed by Kubota dealerships.
I ended up with a "Struck" tractor as my first. That tractor was 'yellow".
My next tractor was a John Deere and I had nothing that color as a youth.
I seemed to be led by the heart and the brain came later on.

I think "color psychology" certainly has an effect on purchasing.
Just don't know if it could apply to "tractors" as well.

/ The color of tractors #2  
Good question. Of the two implements I recently restored (if I can claim that) one started out blue and one green...both are now NH red and yellow.

/ The color of tractors #3  
All I know is I had to walk past a fire station to get to school through the 8th grade and I turned the opposite direction by 3 houses to walk to high school still within sight of the station. I ended up with a red tractor.... oh and 30 years in the fire service. :unsure:

/ The color of tractors #4  
When I was a child I grew up a block away from a Massey Ferguson dealer. So when I finally decided to buy a tractor I wanted a Massey in the worst way. But there are no longer any Massey dealers within 4 or 5 hours of me, and at the time I finally pulled the trigger, the 1526 was in limbo and didn't have the features of other brands so I ended up with a Kubota. Now I have become a huge Kubota fan.
But my antique play toy is an Allis Chalmers.....but it's also orange, LOL

/ The color of tractors #5  
I hadn't really thought about it, but now that I have. In the town I grew up in all the tractors were red. My FIL had red tractors as did all the farmers in this area 30 or 40 years ago when I moved here. I'd like to think that color did not play a role but I did think the red tractors at my dealer looked better than the blue ones they carry.

/ The color of tractors #6  
Grew up with IH red, but grandpa had Alice and MF. Had an uncle who always bought green despite having 3 in-laws with 2 IH dealerships. Our toy tractors were red. I am looking for the best value. I'll admit wishing that the CaseIH would be it, even though Case was a side business as a kid. I also tend to be wary of JD green, but was still open to the idea if they were the best value.

I wish you could get tractors in custom colors irrespective of manufacturer. Barring that I wish Oliver brand would be sold by AGCO to Kioti, Branson or LS. I would like green, just not JD green. Seems we have too many red and orange brands...maybe a black tractor?!

/ The color of tractors #7  
As far as best looking colors:

1634265454781.png

Classic John Deere Green and Yellow

1634265198126.png

Minneapolis Moline Gold and Yellow

1634266027549.png

New Holland Blue

1634266146049.png

Kioti Orange

1634266260615.png

Red and Gold Yanmars

1634265703590.png

Yellow and Black Yanmars

/ The color of tractors #8  
Worst Colors

Grey Fords
Silver Whites
Green Olivers
(primer) Brown Case
Beige Cockshutt

/ The color of tractors #9  
I grew up with red tractors Farmall but JD colors always caught my eye.

/ The color of tractors #10  
Well, to me what makes a tractor beautiful...
I can afford it (as a retiree on a fixed budget with a small farm I refuse to get a loan for a new one)
It will be reliable
It makes my life easier

HMMmm, color does not come into it, but if I have a choice I'll take brunette with blue eyes... No wait, i mean...