Tires The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem

/ The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Second Edit: After spending hours of time puzzling through relays, looking at multi-meters, wigging wires, checking connectors, and determining that everything appeared to be working as it should, I was just about to punt and wire in a push-button switch on my dash that would perma-jumper battery hot to the starter solenoid when I looked at my mid-PTO lever on the floor...

Eff me. I don't even have a mid-PTO installed but I do carry a logging chain on the floor of my tractor, and apparently, while I was messing around with gelling fuel last winter, I must have kicked that mid-PTO lever up, thereby activating the mid PTO (that I don't have installed) which interrupted the start circuit! Sigh.

The mid-PTO isn't in the service manual's section that shows the wiring diagrams and discusses the start circuit.

Adding insult to injury, this happened to me eight years ago but I rapidly solved the problem, because back then the tractor was new to me, I had actually read the owners manual that talks about the location of the mid-PTO switch on the floor. Sigh.

I'm going to button everything up and go weld something to relax. Eff-me!

EDIT: NEVERMIND I FOUND THAT THE BLACK WITH BLUE TRACER WIRE (THAT IS BLACK ONLY ACCORDING THE SERVICE MANUAL'S WIRING DIAGRAM) DOES GO TO THE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR (THE SENDING UNIT). IGNORE THE REST.

Down by the starter on the left side, right behind the starter by about six inches is a factory tie holding a steering hose and a black with blue tracer wire with with a female blade connector on the end.

In trying to diagnose my no start on the key, everything that I can test has checked out good. The ECU appears to control the ground side but I cannot trace that signal (because the safety module is all behind a firewall). I’ve confirmed power is where it should be at all points and am down to doing wiggle tests and confirming wire connections.

And then I found this mystery wire. I cannot see my engine oil pressure sensor, but the sending unit is in the same area where I found this loose wire.

Can any NX owner confirm this wire is plugged or not plugged in? You likely will need to briefly unwind the factory cable tie as the wire is behind on the inboard side power steer hose.

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

Last edited:
   / The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem #2  
Sh t happens

/ The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem #3  
Indeed it do …

/ The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem
Indeed it do …
Since I did properly diagnose the starter switch was fried, the replacement starter switch did fix the original no-start problem, but it is a bummer that I didn't know the mid-PTO starter interrupt feature got engaged somewhere while pulling out the switch and checking things over the winter.

/ The Embarrassing Conclusion to My Key-On/No-Start Problem #5  
Wow, at least you found the problem. Read my post that I am going to make today. If this doesn't make your head spin I don't know what will.