The gated community issue.

/ The gated community issue. #41  
Wow, i need some customers that would be willing to pay that kind of money. Hard to imagine that kind of profit margin.
30 foot wide aluminum slide gate and we had to run about 300 feet of underground power as well as communication lines. I'm sure the installers did well, but we looked into a DYI and the gate alone was close to $10K as I recall. I have started doing all of the maintenance myself since the gate company has gotten even more expensive as time has gone on.

/ The gated community issue. #42  
Sounds like most of you all subscribe to the 'Paranoya Mean Destroya' tune. All we have is a 12 buck Harbor Freight driveway alarm to tell us when a vehicle is in the drive by the house. and I agree with Mossy, dogs are basically useless as watchmen. Our 'mean' dog would go for a ride as well and probably leave nose prints on the glass. The big deterrent is my NRA sign in the front yard and my ***** sign. If you can read, you know where I stand on stuff.

The dogs that give me the most concern are the little ones I call 'ankle biters' The little ones seem to be the most agressive in my experience. The big 'guard' dogs are really docile. Big bark and no bite.
Signs are meant to convey a message... Congratulations!

/ The gated community issue. #43  
The big deterrent is my NRA sign in the front yard and my ***** sign.
I don't consider that a deterrent at all, but an admittance to a metal state of mind. I'd never worship one man.

However, even if you didn't have those signs up, I still would not trespass.

/ The gated community issue. #44  
This is the only warning hanging on the outside of my gate.
If the gate is closed, you aren't welcome on the other side.

50 ft. After crossing the gate, the first camera should pick you up and alert my phone and a chime inside the house.

25 more ft and the next camera should also pick you up. alerts my phone and chimes inside the house.

If I'm home, I've been waiting to welcome ya !

1637719871811.png

50'

/ The gated community issue. #46  
I don't think I'm a redneck but I'm well prepared. So are all the others who live out this way. And in the first few years here on the property - I got plenty of practice.

/ The gated community issue. #47  
My wife is about to move to a gated communiy to be near the grandchildren. I don't mind the gate. I mind the HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION. I'm staying in the old house to fix it up and either sell it and follow her or whatever. We'll see how things work out.

/ The gated community issue. #48  
Sounds like most of you all subscribe to the 'Paranoya Mean Destroya' tune. All we have is a 12 buck Harbor Freight driveway alarm to tell us when a vehicle is in the drive by the house. and I agree with Mossy, dogs are basically useless as watchmen. Our 'mean' dog would go for a ride as well and probably leave nose prints on the glass. The big deterrent is my NRA sign in the front yard and my ***** sign. If you can read, you know where I stand on stuff.

The dogs that give me the most concern are the little ones I call 'ankle biters' The little ones seem to be the most agressive in my experience. The big 'guard' dogs are really docile. Big bark and no bite.
You over paid for the hf alarm. We paid $8. Hell our dog isn’t even a good driveway alarm.

/ The gated community issue. #49  
Not an issue out this way. Everyone is armed and everyone is a redneck too. Me included.
Same where I live.

The Post Office does not deliver to individual homes in this area. There is a bank of mail boxes in one location where everyone for several miles has to pick up their mail. For me, it's close enough that I walk it, just for the exercise. On the way I walk past one of my neighbor's houses. That neighbor has been gone for a few days - no vehicles around. Yet for the past few days UPS/Fed Ex has been delivering packages and stacking them in front of the house steps. This afternoon there were 4 big boxes there, a couple with big bows on top. Not one "porch pirate" has touched them.

/ The gated community issue. #50  
I don't think I'm a redneck but I'm well prepared.
I've explained to my one boy who likes to play "redneck" that there is a difference between "country living" and "white trash redneck living".

I have no signs posted on my property, and the one access gate off one road has been gone for a couple of years now. I had an issue with trespassers one time since we lived here when I caught them, funny enough, never had a problem after that LOL