The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :)

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #41  
I added a hydraulic chute deflector on my blower. You will not be disappointed. I have to remove my hydraulic toplink when I use the blower because I only have 2 remotes. In hindsight, I wish that I had spec'd 3 remotes.
So install a Fasie valve and have as many remotes as you can fit on the back.

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :)
Front blowers on an M sized machine would be cost prohibitive for the average owner….
Sweet, I'm super average then. I'll never afford a front blower :p

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #43  
   / The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #44  
I called the Kubota dealer and asked them if the snow blower was ready for me to pick up (they had to cut the PTO shaft_ and they said yep. Sweet, They load it on the trailer and I've finally got it home. I picked it off my trailer and started to hook everything up. Got the lifting arms set up for Cat 2....check. Hook up the PTO shaft.......dammit!

They didn't cut the shaft. I know it's not hard but after spending $5,500 and them saying they would cut it, I want them to do it. I called them and they said they will try to cut one for my tractor today and if I don't hear from them by 4pm to give them a call. Okay, I'll do that.

My neighbor across the street does some farming and heavy equipment/excavation stuff so he helped my get hooked up the first time. Then I went ahead and hooked up the top link so I could move everything back into the barn and out of the driveway. That's when I noticed we should have put the pins in the lower holes on the lifting arms.....just wasn't able to lift the blower as high as I'd like with the small hills I've got. Got everything set up now and a little more practice horsing the attachment around doesn't hurt.more

I took my PTO shaft off the blower so I can just swap them for the cut shaft. Boy this now blower is big, I'm sure it's going to make quick work of my driveway and some other areas.
Thats a lot of blower (width) for a 7040. Probably ok in fluffy snow but in heavy snow, I believe you'll find you lack the beans to throw it much of any distance and it's time for a rear view cam. Beats a sore neck hands down. Would have sold you my Lucknow 6.5 for 1500 bucks, Complete with hydraulic chute rotator. I rarely use it anymore and you aren't that far from me either.

My 6.5 in heavy snow makes my M9000 work real hard and suck down the expensive diesel pretty fast as well.

Thats a lot of blower (width) for a 7040. Probably ok in fluffy snow but in heavy snow, I believe you'll find you lack the beans to throw it much of any distance and it's time for a rear view cam. Beats a sore neck hands down. Would have sold you my Lucknow 6.5 for 1500 bucks, Complete with hydraulic chute rotator. I rarely use it anymore and you aren't that far from me either.

My 6.5 in heavy snow makes my M9000 work real hard and suck down the expensive diesel pretty fast as well.
Had I known it may be straining I would have got a smaller unit. I actually received my rear view camera today. Tomorrow or next week I'll be installing it.

Just got sidetracked the last couple days refurbishing a Fisher wood stove for my shop.

Very cool set up in that link Thunder Chicken. I found one Youtube video of them installing it on a Deere. It looks like it would be a joy....and probably costs a fortune.

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #48  
Had I known it may be straining I would have got a smaller unit. I actually received my rear view camera today. Tomorrow or next week I'll be installing it.

Just got sidetracked the last couple days refurbishing a Fisher wood stove for my shop.
I actually have 3 cams facing rearward, one looking left, one right and one looking straight back but they are there for watching hay implements more than snow removal. That is a big blower for that unit, least in my opinion it is and I've had quite a bit of experience My 10 foot front plow is a handfull. Have a picture of the Lucknow on the M9 but I cannot find it right off.

Attachments

• 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
   / The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #49  

Your 7040 will handle that 7' blower fine.

Your 7040 will handle that 7' blower fine.
I did some more web searching and I think so too. I have no problem going slow on a first pass and taking smaller bites on subsequent passes if need be. I really don't mind going real slow the whole time. I just double checked the level in the blowers gearbox and lubed up the chain. Might get some Pam cooking spray on there before tomorrow morning. The news said we could get a foot of snow tomorrow.....yay!