The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
After almost 16 years of ownership, Two years ago I had to replace a seal on the rear axle and now the neutral safety switch on the rocker pedal is acting up. This is a ridiculous amount of maintenance. Think I will get rid of this dog. :D:D:D

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #2  
Better blow the dust off the tool box, they are tough machines

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #3  
What do you want for it? With all those thing going wrong it's time to sell.

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #4  
After almost 16 years of ownership, Two years ago I had to replace a seal on the rear axle and now the neutral safety switch on the rocker pedal is acting up. This is a ridiculous amount of maintenance. Think I will get rid of this dog. :D:D:D

Yeah...I got rid of my B a few years ago. I got tired of just turning the key and doing work with it. You need something to break so that you can rest. LOL.

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #5  
The older B's are the backbone of what Kubota started as. The 7800 is a simple tractor missing a few frills but solid as Granite. Great tractors. Never have I heard of an owner that was disappointed.

I had a B2910 for a few years. Loved that tractor. Lost it in a shop fire. Tried to find a used one to replace it. They hold their value like Gold. Ended up buying a JD2210. Great little tractor but not even close to a Kubota B.

Lost track of how many times I'd do a few hours work with the B and when finished look at it with amazement that little tractor could do that much work.

My Son bought a 3200 last year. He talks about it just like I used to talk about my 2910. :)

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #6  
After almost 16 years of ownership, Two years ago I had to replace a seal on the rear axle and now the neutral safety switch on the rocker pedal is acting up. This is a ridiculous amount of maintenance. Think I will get rid of this dog.

Needless to say our B2910 could stand a little cleanup and TLC ...

IMG_0334.JPG

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #7  
Make sure you get something full of sensors, miles of wiring and lots of puters. An LCD dash to fail would be good too. :laughing:

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #8  
Consider how many hours and type of work you done with B7800 than compare to shovel wheel barrel etc. or hiring some one. ;)

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #9  

huh? I have picture frames that require more maintenance than that. But, seeing as how you're already overloaded with the neutral safety switch going out so early, that rocker pedal problem would definitely be the last straw. Next thing you know it'll be needing a new brake pedal cover! Hang in there - it'll give you some slack sooner or later.

/ The maintenance on my B7800 is getting out of hand #10  
huh? I have picture frames that require more maintenance than that. But, seeing as how you're already overloaded with the neutral safety switch going out so early, that rocker pedal problem would definitely be the last straw. Next thing you know it'll be needing a new brake pedal cover! Hang in there - it'll give you some slack sooner or later.

His seat has to be worn by now. That was another huge issue for me. I mean duct tape is just annoying to deal with and expensive.

Come to think about it, I had to duct tape my headlight bulb assembly back into the holder. I have no idea how that part broke. Must have been dry rot from all the heat generated by the bulb using the tractor at night. LOL.