The New 424 - It just got real!

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #1  

VeRV77

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 424 TLB
Hey y'all, just took delivery of my new SA424 TLB this morning. My first "real" tractor, so very exciting! The fruit of over a year of research into a lot of brands and a number of dealers around me. Many of the comments on this forum helped push me toward Yanmar too. I decided to get right to work and dig out a stump that's been an eyesore for a long time (one of many to come)! I have a OEM BH thumb on order, and a piranha tooth bar.

Attachments

• DSC_2326.JPG
    DSC_2326.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 733
  • DSC_2332.JPG
    DSC_2332.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 719
  • DSC_2323.JPG
    DSC_2323.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 636
  • DSC_2322.JPG
    DSC_2322.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 721
  • 20170809_190345.jpg
    20170809_190345.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 720
   / The New 424 - It just got real! #2  
Very nice! Congratulations!

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #5  
I'm John Deere green with envy.

congrats. I'm sure you'll find several projects to keep you busy for a bit.

Seems like a good machine

JDN

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #6  
Very nice, you'll have lots of fun on that.

/ The New 424 - It just got real!
Thanks everyone! Anybody have experience adding hooks or clevis mounts to the standard FEL bucket on this machine? I think that's my next move, and I've looked hard at Ken's Bolt On Hooks. Also thinking about adding one to the BH bucket. I have so many trees, stumps and logs to move around - didn't take me long to figure out I'll need hooks soon.

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #8  
Nice tractor. Do I see on the dipper stick of the backhoe that it already has the mount for the thumb? If so that is a great selling point and much easier to add the thumb! I hate welding on a new piece of equipment. It should be standard on all hoes.

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #9  
Congrats. I like that the FEL control lever is next to the operator station and not mounted to the side of the dash. The backhoe boom and dipper look more compact (shorter) than the one on my GC1720, but that could be just the photo. Do you know the full length/dig depth?

/ The New 424 - It just got real! #10  
Welcome to the club. These are great machines.

I added D rings on the front frame and top of the FEL. i use them all the time. I also added LED lights on the ROPS pointing front and back as the headlights reflect off the bucket at night. Consider adding a piece of expanded metal to the under carriage to protect the plastic fan cooling the hydro pump.