The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #1  

Agvg

Elite Member
Tractor
Mf135, Ursus C-355, David Brown 995
Bought this today, made in Hungary feels so much better than made in China.

How many of you feels the same when it comes to buying stuff?
IMG_20220702_215431.jpg

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #2  
I try to avoid them, although I often wonder why. Too often "Made in USA" is just the latest gimmick, and I've been burned multiple times because of it.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools.
I try to avoid them, although I often wonder why. Too often "Made in USA" is just the latest gimmick, and I've been burned multiple times because of it.
Is the quality low or are the parts Chinese?

This is the green Bosch and not the blue pro line, one fine thing is that there are parts support from Bosch, I do like to repair if possible.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #4  
Buy my drone accessories from a merchant in your country. get good shipping too.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #5  
parts availability from Bosch was not good for my roto hammer and I had to find a dealer with a part available ,, it took a month to ship
then I bought a brand new 3/8 bosch blue corded drill to replace my 20 year old Dewalt 3/8 because DeWalt chuck failed ( worn out / abuse etc) Bosch sounded like it had a bag of marbles in it
I did not feel too good about my blue choice

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #6  
I’ve never seen a green Bosch but my blue Bosch sanders have been great.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #7  
Is the quality low or are the parts Chinese?

This is the green Bosch and not the blue pro line, one fine thing is that there are parts support from Bosch, I do like to repair if possible.
It's more the attitude of the vendors. Generally when you place an order it's acknowledged and you get an estimated ship date. Buy "Made in USA" and too often you get none of the above. A couple of years ago I ordered a wool coat and pants from a company I've done business at their retail stores for years; but this was the first time I'd ever ordered online from them. They charged my account immmediately, yet I never heard one word from them. A month later I called and asked WTF was going on; "We don't have the color you ordered." Would it have been that much of an effort to tell me?

When I finally received my order of a really nice wool coat, made by Woolrich but with the vendor's brand, I discovered that it was sized wrong and wouldn't fit. At that point it was too late to return it so I ended up giving it to my nephew. I then ordered another from LLBean and while it's made in Vietnam of much coarser, lower quality material at least the darned thing fits.
It also was about 60% less than my first purchase.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #8  
Yes OP, i know the feeling. I recently bought Polish beer because they are/want to help the Ukraine. Our own beer is still the best i think but i do know the feeling you speak of.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #9  
Never owned any Bosch tools, can't comment on how they compare to other brands. Made in China doesn't necessarily mean junk, not made in China doesn't necessarily mean not junk.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #10  
far as Chinese made tools, it all depends on who is making them. Case in point, the Harbor Freight Chief 4.5 inch air angle grinder is exactly the same as the IR grinder, right down to the external gearbox grease fitting, mirror polished head and flat throttle but the IR costs over 100 bucks more. I believe they are made in the same factory, probably on the same assembly line except the IR has a different logo on it. The HF air grinder is quiet as a mouse and smooth as butter, just like the IR (I have them both).

When I opened the heads up to check the grease, both had plenty inside and both had the same color blue grease too.

Another good example is the Icon 1/2" drive torque wrench. it's a mirror copy of the Snap On clicker except it says Icon on the barrel and it's over 200 bucks less. Have them both as well. If I turned both upside down and asked someone to pick the Snap On, they'd never be able to do it.

You usually get what you pay for. The exception is when you pay for the name. Today, it's difficult to ascertain where a tool is made unless you buy the really cheap stuff, then you know it's not made here because our labor cost won't allow it.