The Perfect Day: By MossRoad

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Last Saturday was my 46th birthday. We got up early, the sun was out, and we made pancakes for breakfast. I used some very good Vermont maple syrup on my stack. We then went to watch my 8th grade daughter play in a very good, close basketball game. They won. We came home and my wife took the kids shopping so I went ice fishing at a lake where I grew up. I sat on a bucket on that ice by myself in the, cold, crisp air all afternoon. It was 7 degrees. People came and left but I stayed. The springs along the high bank were flowing lightly and there must have been 50 robins poking around in the mud and leaves only about 20' away from me. Towards sunset, doves landed at the waters edge and had their evening drink. I caught 60 or 70 fish, although only two were big enough to keep. That's fine with me. I went home and fried up two pounds of bacon, a couple onions and ¾ of a pound of liver. The kids had BLT's. Then we had a German chocolate birthday cake with coconut-pecan frosting. Opened my birthday presents and then watched a movie with the family. I ended up falling asleep on the couch with my wife. It would have been a perfect day… if only I could have gotten some seat time on my Power Trac.

The End.

:D

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #3  
You’re a just a pup. I just turned 53 a few weeks ago. I just had a hernia operation last week, that was fun ! I was out moving snow and ice today on the PT. I started smelling oil so I pulled it up in the garage, and there is oil thrown up all over inside the engine compartment.

Now I have to wait until I can heal up enough to bend over for an extended period of time and try to see where it is coming from. I shinned a light in, and it seems to be over on the right side where the battery is, there is spray all over the gas tank shield and some puddles on the compartment floor.

I still can’t tell where it’s coming from everything seems tight and the engine seems fairly dry on the heads and sides, just a little oil here and there. I think I will start with J.J.s advice.

I’ve heard him talk about about a black light additive you can put in the hydraulic tank for starters at least I would be able to tell if it is a hydraulic spray or engine oil.

In any case not trying to rain on your parade, I'm glad you had a nice birthday. :>) :>)

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #4  
46th!! I think I can remember that year!! LOL!! Glad you had a good one! Those types of days seem to be too infrequent any more.
My birthday is coming up in May and I hope to be admiring the freshly cut grass from my deck with a burger and drink in hand!

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #5  
Happy Birthday. ... and Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with us. You are truly blessed by a God that loves us all. I have been faithfully reading the threads all winter long. ... didn't have must PT time, so I just didn't weigh-in, because I really didn't have much to say, ... this thread, however, needed a response. ... your sentiments and reflections are a blessing to us all. Thank you again. ... JD

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #6  
Moss,

Happy birthday!

Although I'm not a PT'er yet (need to sell my other tractor stuff) I have appreciated all your timely and pertinent replies to my questions. Family is everything. I'll be an empty nester this fall and while I look forward to that stage in my life where my wife and I can sort of do what we please, I will also miss the time with my children on a regular basis. They grow up fast dude. Enjoy!

Dave

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #7  
Wow, congratulations on a perfect day. Time with the family, doing what one loves and everyone healthy, nothing could be better.
Sandi and I both wish you a happy birthday and many more with the family.
PJ

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #8  
Happy Birthday, Mossroad. Not, perfect, but close enough for most of us. Can count on one hand the number of great days I've had like that. But, I am six years behind you!

Thanks for sharing!! And thanks for your input!

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #9  
Your mind must be slippin a little. You should have pulled the PT out on the ice and fished from the tractor seat.:D Ice may not have been that thick though. Congrats on another year.

/ The Perfect Day: By MossRoad #10  
Barryh said:
You’re a just a pup. I just turned 53 a few weeks ago. I just had a hernia operation last week, that was fun ! I was out moving snow and ice today on the PT. I started smelling oil so I pulled it up in the garage, and there is oil thrown up all over inside the engine compartment.

Now I have to wait until I can heal up enough to bend over for an extended period of time and try to see where it is coming from. I shinned a light in, and it seems to be over on the right side where the battery is, there is spray all over the gas tank shield and some puddles on the compartment floor.

I still can’t tell where it’s coming from everything seems tight and the engine seems fairly dry on the heads and sides, just a little oil here and there. I think I will start with J.J.s advice.

I’ve heard him talk about about a black light additive you can put in the hydraulic tank for starters at least I would be able to tell if it is a hydraulic spray or engine oil.

In any case not trying to rain on your parade, I'm glad you had a nice birthday. :>) :>)
Bad oil sending unit maybe?