The "TACO WAGON" has arrived

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I got a call at 9:30pm from the dealership. My Power Wagon has arrived. I'll be going to get it in the morning ( 1/24/2019 ). Couldn't be under worse conditions. The snow that has melted all day is now a continuous sheet of ice over everything. Hopefully, by morning it will warm and revert back to just water. Otherwise, it's going to be a slow trip.

Pictures will follow. If I was more familiar with my new Smart Phone - I could post from the phone. That's not yet the case.

FINALLY!!!

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #2  
Excitement building! (For all of us too) Drive careful mate. I don't want to hear a sob story....

Not sure the 24th is a good omen..:eek::eek: that is my xwifes birthday. :laughing:

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived
The real chore - avoid all the idiots that think driving conditions haven't changed. I'll do OK. Eighteen years of experience in Anchorage, AK. That city has truly treacherous black ice conditions. Some of our very best Olympic free style ice skaters got their start driving in Anchorage.

Doesn't appear that it's going to melt either. Temps are now at -6.5C or 20F.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #4  
Trade you for a day or two to get some relief from this heat here oosik. Only 36 deg C today but it was 38 deg yesterday. Port Augusta was suffering 49 deg C.
We had 2 air-cons running the last few days. :eek: Too hot to polish a new truck.

I found you on Google Earth. Though you might have been in the mountains but its still pretty low there. Continues to rise as you go West towards Toowoomba. At about 70 miles ( ~ 114 km ) from the ocean do you get high humidity also.

We are dry as popcorn here in the summer. I might see as high as 42C or 110F in the summer but its only once and for a really short spell - couple two or three days. Otherwise - 90F to 95F is a HOT summer day for us.

Well - the Taco Wagon is going to have to live with getting hosed off every now and then. I don't waste my time with polish. Our prevailing SW winds bring just enough dust & volcanic ash every day to keep everything lightly coated.

I've found it's best to just hose a vehicle off and not fool with rubbing that ash around on the paint job.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #8  
Now that's the way to start a new year :thumbsup: congrats.

I guess, all things considered, a 24 day wait isn't so bad. The BAD part - nobody knew where it was nor when it might arrive. There could have been a bit of expediting here also. I contacted Corporate so often - they greeted me and knew exactly what I was calling about. Just give them my name. They really do need to get some form of tracking system.

Was I patient - heavens yes. I only called every two or three days.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #10  
Congratulations enjoy the new rig,
I wonder if a lot of the tracking problems where because of the rail service,
if the truck was shipped by rail.
I know up here the few outfits that ship and receive by rail have no idea when or where their things are till they arrive.