The "TACO WAGON" has arrived

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #12  
Have fun and enJoy the Taco Wagon.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #13  
Awesome! I have been following your thread and am very happy for you. Looking forward to pictures.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #14  
We may have to go to GOOGLE EARTH just to see a pict. of this Taco Wagon! lol

SR

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived
LouNY - the salesman DID say it was put on the train, on Monday - 21st. The maddening thing - he was able to find out that it was put on the train, on Monday. But where was it, when put on the train??? No answer for that. My guess - it went on the train, right there at the Chrysler Facility on Gral Cepeda Bvd, Saltillo, MX. There are two RR spur lines feeding the facility.Ha, ha - much time spent searching with Google Earth Pro.

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #16  
LouNY - the salesman DID say it was put on the train, on Monday - 21st. The maddening thing - he was able to find out that it was put on the train, on Monday. But where was it, when put on the train??? No answer for that. My guess - it went on the train, right there at the Chrysler Facility on Gral Cepeda Bvd, Saltillo, MX. There are two RR spur lines feeding the facility.Ha, ha - much time spent searching with Google Earth Pro.

Funny thing about trains.... they are hard to track.

But in all seriousness, you can go online and see every commercial airplane in the sky at any given time. Where it came from, where it's at, where it's going, what type of plane it is, who owns it, the route it's taking, etc....

Can't do that with trains. May be for security reasons since 9/11. Who knows. But it's really hard to find out anything about where something being shipped by train exactly is at any given time. I'm sure the RR knows where it is, but they don't share that info with the public.

We used to get shipments of paper via rail from all over the place. The seller would tell us it shipped on X date. Expected to arrive by Y date. But it rarely showed up by Y date, especially if it had to go around Chicago. Several days later we'd get a call from the RR that they dropped a car at our warehouse last night.

Leonor F. Loree would be turning in his grave....

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #18  
Looking forward to the pictures

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #19  

Hard to believe that. Usually the train is early in the shipping process and takes it to a major city with a huge storage lot. Then it sits for a while before a car carrier semi picks it up and brings it to your dealer. For it to have been put on the train 1/21 and get to your dealer by 1/23 is crazy fast. Even if it had been unloaded from a train on 1/21 getting it to the dealer 2 days later is fast.

But whatever. It's there so enjoy! If you have Ram 2500 questions ask away... I have a '17.

Rob

/ The "TACO WAGON" has arrived #20  
Let me at that thing and I will put you in a dual band vhf/uhf rig in there in no time... Professional install too.! I used to do that for a living! :) But can we see some pictures pretty soon? :)