The top benefit of having a cab tractor.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #1  

lpigott

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200 NH3930 M7060
I got a new cab tractor last year and never realized how many benefits came with it. I got one for the two main reasons of me getting older and being able to escape the terrible heat and humidity of the deep south and to also provide a safe means of letting the grand kids ride with me sometimes. These reasons alone have proven to make it well worth it. I have also enjoyed the comfort of working in the cold and snow (we had 2 snow events last winter which are rare this far south) and being able to continue work when a rain storm pops up without getting wet or running for shelter. This past week I enjoyed several benefits all in one day. #1 I was able to mow an over grown field for hire while staying nice and clean and cool during hot temps and high humidity. This later turned to staying nice and dry and being able to complete the job during a downpour of rain. I also experienced the #1 pleasure thus far....mowing over a huge yellow jacket nest in the ground without getting stung! I knew this was going to happen sooner or later but what is normally a terror event and extremely painful and potentially dangerous, turned into utter joy, lol. I got excited once I saw the cloud of pissed off bees swarming and pulled along side the nest and casually observed them and laughed as the started hitting the cab windows! I taunted them, drove right over their hole and let the cutter sit on top of them a bit. I have truly enjoyed cutting fields this summer in comfort being protected from dust, over hanging briars, bees and spiders, but I never knew just how fun it would be to ignore those evil yellow jackets! I think a ground bumble bee nest may top them but I have not yet had the pleasure but that day will come I'm sure and I look forward to it with pleasure!!!

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #2  
Last time I bush hogged with an open station, I got into something sent me to the ER; bronchitis from something I breathed; took weeks to get over it.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #3  
You have made me very jealous. :D

I had already decided to get a cab tractor but now I am hurrying to get it. :banghead:

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #4  
Bees and cold windchil cab worth every cent. :thumbsup:

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #5  
for me the allergens that trigger asthma/allergic reactions, warmth/cool, less fatigue, better for hearing, easier on eyes, safer, so many reasons - I don't have a brand new tractor with a state of the art cab but what I have is so much better than my O/S or old 06 series farmall cab

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #6  
Mosquitos wore me out yesterday. I knew I was in trouble when I pulled in the grassy driveway and they swarmed all around my truck.. Had to jump in and out to keep them from filling up the cab.. So many and thick the screen on tractor was clogged with them.. You couldn't do that every day and be healthy.. IDK how deer make it.. Brutal is an understatement..

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #8  
Count me in as one moving to a cab tractor as you get older. Living in northern Michigan and dealing with snow, a factory cab with heat is sure nice. I paid my dues with open station both plowing and snowblowing and am enjoying a heated cab.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #9  
Here’s my recent downside experience with cabs.

Hadn’t used this tractor for a couple of months. Hopped in and by the time I had it started , the cab was full of wasps. (Door closed of course)

They’d started a hive in the top corner of the door opening and were in the compartment/ void under the roof where the air-con condenser sits.

I managed to stumble out without breaking my neck OR getting stung.

IMG_2173.JPGIMG_2172.JPG

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #10  
Jealous certainly. When I read the thread title the first thing I thought of was wishing I had a cab for wasps. Funny, it was been mentioned by many. :laughing:

When I cut our firewood this summer, I left a pile of scraps laying in a pile. This weekend, I picked scooped them up in my bucket to move them over to the campfire. Apparently I should have waited a couple more months as a mess of wasps came screaming out. Luckily they attacked the heck out of the Kubota hood and engine giving me enough time to drop the backblade (on a slope and didn't want to chase my tractor) and slink off the tractor. A can of wasp spray later and all was good....including my heart rate.

Being my first tractor, all I saw was the additional cost of the cab and didn't think it was worth it for being more comfortable. Well......If I buy another I think I will see the price as a bit more reasonable.