The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #33  
If you have followed my other posts you know I'm searching for a tractor. I clicked a facebook ad for a 2018 Kubota Grand L4760. $16,000. I clicked on contact seller and sent email.

Right of the bat, The price is to good to be true. Red flag is going off. I already heard the husband died before. I image it's possible and giving the benefit of the doubt I replied.

Her response

Yeap, Red Flag confirmed it's a Scam Also the pics see sent me the engine hours don't match what she told it was.
Good you recognized the obvious scam here. Unfortunately others will fall for it. Always go with your gut and the old saying-“ if it’s too good to be true….”

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #34  
Folks need to realize that this type of scam is not just about trying to get you to send money...
They also get you to send information.
These days information is money.
By responding, you gave them your email... Possibly your name... Your isp number... Maybe your location... Some folks offer up the telephone number....
All valuable info that can and will be sold on the dark web to other scam artists.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #35  
If you have followed my other posts you know I'm searching for a tractor. I clicked a facebook ad for a 2018 Kubota Grand L4760. $16,000. I clicked on contact seller and sent email.

Right of the bat, The price is to good to be true. Red flag is going off. I already heard the husband died before. I image it's possible and giving the benefit of the doubt I replied.

Her response

Yeap, Red Flag confirmed it's a Scam Also the pics see sent me the engine hours don't match what she told it was.

Her response

Yeap, Red Flag confirmed it's a Scam Also the pics see sent me the engine hours don't match what she told

Last edited:
   / The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #36  
All valuable info that can and will be sold on the dark web to other scam artists.
That might explain my frequent calls that suggest my CC has been cloned.
LOL, the never say what card (have a few) and always that a small 'test' swipe usually followed by an amount under $1000.
But always the same voice!

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #37  

Her response

Everyone on this website knows this is a scammer. What's the point of the overly long post? We applaud you for learning something that everyone already knows.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #38  
Sometimes when the pictures match the description, and the price is only slighty-too-good.... it's hard to immediate detect the scam.

My initial response to any sale ad that falls in this category is, where is it located and when can I come see it. Anyone who doesn't want to let you see the product, doesn't actually have anything to sell.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #39  
Every once in a great while deals that are too good to be true turn out to be true after all. I will qualify that by saying that you MUST know the seller - stuff on Craigslist etc., is most likely to be a scam.

Bought a house out of a divorce sale by taking over a $7,000 mortgage. I knew both parties. I bought another one some years later for $14,000 (inflation?) because the seller was a LEO and the city he worked for passed an ordinance that all their LEO people had to live in town. He'd bought a house in the town and this one need to go away. Soon, too, he couldn't do two house payments. Rented it out for a decade, the neighborhood eventually went to pot and I sold it.

Bought a 1958 44 passenger International Harvester school bus for - wait for it - a dollar. Owner (who I knew) said make it go away TODAY, I obliged him. (Co-ventured with a friend half and half, fifty cents each), dragged it away. Changed the plugs, cleaned the points, sold it a week later for $500 cash to a guy who wanted to live in it.

Bought an airplane with a bad cylinder from a teacher who just simply didn't want it any more, $4,000. Still have it (and have spent more than that just on the radios since).

There are more, but the one thing that is a constant is that all these transactions were face to face with the sellers. It is simply too easy to be scammed on the net, do these deals in person or don't even start. Even in person, trust your gut. If someone explains their deal to you three times and you still don't understand it, it isn't because you are dumb, it is because they don't want you to understand it. Grip wallet firmly in hand and run away NOW.

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

(and PS - tractors don't have titles in Florida - caveat emptor!)

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #40  
Hey, I once bought an MG-B for $3k as the mother did not want her son to drive it.
Some minor upkeep and later sold it for $7 K.
Then came a small aircraft that I agreed to buy with a condition that seller cold not meet so he dropped the price 'as is' to $1000. I obtained proper ferry permits etc and flew it home and later sold it for $6K.

Once a Civil air Patrol* was about to undergo a base inspection so a non regulation Piper on floats had to get lost.
They begged me to take the floats away for $200. (or best offer) but while eyeballing the floats I was actually looking over the wings and air frame. They said hey add another $200 ant it is all yours. I added that to import to Canada it had to be a complete aircraft and not parts.
OK, add another $200. and take the engine that was slung from a rafter.
Great, here is my check for $600. and I'll be back tomorrow with my trailer.
Next day I loaded the floats on the trailer, wings on my roof and engine in my trunk.
Oh, and they helped me load up.
On my return I sold the floats for$1300., and hour later the air frame for another $1000. and just B4 dark dropped off the engine for an additional $1000.
Not a bad day!
But now the icing on the cake.
A month later I received a charitable tax receipt for having made a donation to the Civil Air patrol!**
Not a bad day's work!
And I actually was used the company's car during a work week to haul all this home.
I'll add that my then employer*** was a most generous firm to work for and they actually were very knowledgeable of my sideline affairs.

*Montreal was my home and Burlington Vt was the CAP location.
The AC in question was a Piper J3 on Edo 1320 floats with an 85HP shielded Continental.

** Being Canadian I had no use for the donation as I had no US income.

*** Won't name them but they were a "fortune 500' and great employers.
Their comments were, as long as sales progress keep doing whatever.

Yep, good old days!
Hey they let me use my private Cessna for traveling my territory so I often took my hobby to work.