Theft of photos from TBN

/ Theft of photos from TBN #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
This is kind of funny yet sad in another way.
I was looking at Craigslist and saw an AD and said, hey that's my tractor!
Yep sure it, they added a lot of fake info of course but it is the photo I posted here in the review section for my MX5100.
Decided to look a little further then found a website overseas using the same exact photo - they make fiberglass parts and have my tractor on their site. Sort of representing they did it I guess. Also found on some 8 best Kubota paints website - no idea what that one is about. Found a few others also but that was the main ones...

Really could careless about the photo but hate seeing it used for a fraud. I figure if I post it the photo is out there and could care if someone uses it for a background, or some powerpoint or something but hate see it used for a fraud - that is just wrong

Earth moving machinery

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 108
  • Our tractor.jpg
    Our tractor.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
   / Theft of photos from TBN #2  
Maybe we need to blow up EmmaEvans614 email account. I'm game. Simple stuff like how much?

/ Theft of photos from TBN #3  
Seems like there’s some kind of scam around every corner.

/ Theft of photos from TBN #4  
Another thing I noticed in the ad that everyone seems to use and that is the phrase runs as/like it should. That's right up there with calling everything a hack no son we called it a trick. Hack is what your cat does when it's ejecting a hair ball. Or maybe a bad comic "that guy is a real hack."

/ Theft of photos from TBN #5  
Watermark your photos and make them less attractive to scammers

/ Theft of photos from TBN #6  
Such people are to lazy get honest job.

/ Theft of photos from TBN
Unfortunately the Craigslist scams are so normal I guess I was not really all the surprised that happened. The part I found more disappointing was a business swiped the photo from TBN and used it on their site. It even appears they are representing they made something or performed a service and that was the end result. In rather poor taste in my opinion.

Watermarking is a good idea but normally I never care if someone reuses a photo I post. Hey if it helps someone with their powerpoint, some kids with a school project, etc... that's great. I do not like seeming them used to try and harm someone (aka- steal their hard earned money), nor represent something that was done but truly never occurred.

/ Theft of photos from TBN #8  
Not much of a surprise given things I've seen in the past ....and one of the great many reasons I generally don't like having my picture taken (and turn off geotagging on my devices).

On a positive note; at least they didn't include your location as the pickup point -- I've heard of things like that being done before: someone with a grudge creates an ad on craigslist as a "moving sale/giveaway" with the address being their targeted person. Granted it's been several years since I've heard of anything like that happening so apparently/hopefully Craigslist has made that harder to do. However, errors can still obviously happen - one of which happened to a coworker of mine with a Craigslist ad for free chickens where the only contact information provided on the ad was his work phone. He had people calling asking if he had "any of those free chickens left" for months.

Which he found both a bit frustrating and highly entertaining .... so obviously when Easter-time rolled around that year he walked in to find several boxes of peeps and a "free chickens" note on his desk (courtesy of one of other guys in the office). :laughing:

/ Theft of photos from TBN #10  
I don’t think the scammers will use any of my photos because my tractors are always dirty. These scammers can be a real pain. My work phone number I have had for twenty years was spoofed a few months ago and it was a real pain.