They are boostering the State Fair being held this week

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #21  
I don't care for most of the commercial exhibits, but love fair food and the 4-H livestock show. The Fisher Scone booth is my very favorite, and never leave without having at least one elephant ear, AKA fry bread. Many years ago I was a 4-H kid and staying with my animal at the fair for 10 days was great fun, mostly because the 4-H girls were there overnight too.

A lot of the old state fair rural vitality has died away. They used to have a racetrack that has closed and been torn down. When I was in my 20s I dated a girl whose family raised thoroughbreds, and I have a good eye for livestock. She would handicap and I would watch the exercise paddock looking for a horse that seemed ready to run. We put a $2 bet on every race, would cheer every finish, drink beer all day, and leave with as much money as we came with. Great memories, but that world is gone now.

They still have harness racing at fairs here.
I like the local food booths. I don’t spend time in commercial, but we like to see the 4H exhibits. Someone got their panties in a knot last year and 4H was not at the local fair. Each side blamed the other. End result is the fair wasn’t as good. If 4H is not there this year I’m not going.

Also, our local fair has big name entertainment. I’ve seen some great music there, like styx, REO, Brad Paisley, No one this year I want to see.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #22  
My Grandfather raised pigs and sheep and my uncle ran cattle so I spent lots of time at my uncles and grandfathers because of family issues when I was young. So raising food came natural to me.

Fast forward 50 years and my wife and I went to the local county fair. We split up cause she wanted to see the quilting section and I went to the pens area. I was the only person in there aside from the owners feeding and watering their animals. And it was getting late.

I looked over at a pen and the sign said "bubbles". He was a steer and I walked over to his pen. He walked over to me and I gave him some ear scratches and then I walked away. There was something about him.....

Every since then I will never go to a fair because of that interaction. He** , I can't even kill a spider now. It's for sure I'd never made it raising animals for food. I do have dogs though. They rule me as I'm a total pushover.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #23  
My better half and I love the Big E .

New Englands great states fair rocks .

We bring the mobile medical 🏥 gear and see new patients 17 days straight.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #24  
My Grandfather raised pigs and sheep and my uncle ran cattle so I spent lots of time at my uncles and grandfathers because of family issues when I was young. So raising food came natural to me.

Fast forward 50 years and my wife and I went to the local county fair. We split up cause she wanted to see the quilting section and I went to the pens area. I was the only person in there aside from the owners feeding and watering their animals. And it was getting late.

I looked over at a pen and the sign said "bubbles". He was a steer and I walked over to his pen. He walked over to me and I gave him some ear scratches and then I walked away. There was something about him.....

Every since then I will never go to a fair because of that interaction. He** , I can't even kill a spider now. It's for sure I'd never made it raising animals for food. I do have dogs though. They rule me as I'm a total pushover.
Now we know why you are called Citydude.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #25  

We raise a few steers every few years . By the time they are at finished weight and ready to go to the packers, I’m ready to see them go. They aren’t loveable like dogs.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #27  
We raise a few steers every few years . By the time they are at finished weight and ready to go to the packers, I’m ready to see them go. They aren’t loveable like dogs.

My uncle felt the same. So did I at the time.

/ They are boostering the State Fair being held this week #29  
I usually go to the truck and tractor pull. The rides and overpriced food are a no. I also dislike how much money they remove from the local economy.