Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions...

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #1  

pblanton

Tractor
Branson 3520H
I live in Colorado at 7000 feet and have a 2015 Branson 3520H. I am working on a one-year plan to finish my house remodel, clean and paint the barns and workshop, sell my house and move to Arkansas, Missouri or Tennessee.

The plan is to sell the 3520H here and buy a new Branson 5835 when I get wherever it is that I am going to.

I like the 5835 a lot, but am thinking that I'd like to have a cab. It doesn't appear that the 5835 is available with a cab though. To muddy the water, since TYM bought Kukje, I am not sure which tractor has exactly what features; and I am 100% sold on the Kukje (Cummins designed) engine. I like the simplicity of it and don't want to deal with electronic fuel rails, DPF regen, and DEF. I had an issue with the DPF on my 3520H that was easy for me to solve on my own due to the engine's simplicity. I like that.

I also like the lifting capacity of the 5835 but the comparable 55** tractors that are available with a cab, lose 800 to 1000 lbs of lifting capacity. Why don't they make the 5835 with a dang cab??

So my question for those of you who are more familiar with TYM / Branson what is the tractor with the same capabilities as the Branson 5835R but with a cab? Ensuring it has the Kukje/Cummins engine. Or... can you convince me that they TYM engine is as good as the Kukje?

Thanks in advance.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #2  
Well, I think they are no longer allowed to say "Kukje" when talking about the engines. I think they are calling them "TYM" engines (but they are the same Kukje licensed Cummins).

It looks to me like the 5520C is still the same old Branson/Kukje combo you're looking for. If you go up in size to the next frame, The T654 looks like the frame size you want, but it comes with a Duetz 67hp engine (I know nothing about it).

What specs are you looking to hit with your new one? FEL? 3 point? Or just hp/pto hp?

Looks like the Duetz uses common rail/direct injection. I think you'd have to "step down" to the 5520C to get the older "IDI" style of fuel system.

I bet those are going to be the first ones dropped from the line in the coming years, all the IDI designed engines.

Last edited:
   / Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #3  
The TYM diesel, is the Kukje powerplant

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #4  
Wow! I just looked up new 5520C's on Tractor House/Market Book and there is one with cab/loader/backhoe, stereo already installed...$56,000 in my Canadian dollars.

I could only buy a little 26 h.p. Kubota LX cab with only a loader for that price here.

Too bad we have no Branson/Tym dealers around here.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions...
Wow! I just looked up new 5520C's on Tractor House/Market Book and there is one with cab/loader/backhoe, stereo already installed...$56,000 in my Canadian dollars.

I could only buy a little 26 h.p. Kubota LX cab with only a loader for that price here.

Too bad we have no Branson/Tym dealers around here.

Yeah. The 5520C is nice. For Americans that's about $41k.

I like the 5520C but I want the extra capacity of the 5835. If you look up the specs the 5835 is dramatically beefier, stronger and more capable than the 5520, even though it only has 3 more HP.

Here's a video walk around showing the features:

Unfortunately I cannot find one with a cab.

I am glad to hear that the "TYM" engine is the renamed Kukje engine. I love the simplicity and power of my Branson 3520H and definitely don't want a complicated, electronic, computer controlled engine on my next tractor.

As an aside, I 100% recommend a Branson tractor. I have a neighbor with a John Deere and another neighbor with a Kubota and my Branson is a much beefier tractor with a more powerful engine at a much better price.

Unfortunately my Branson dealer went out of business a few years ago :-(
There is a local McCormick dealer near me and the McCormick is also a Kukje, is pretty much identical, and parts compatible with the Branson. I can get parts from them if I need them, but luckily I haven't needed any special parts other than the instrument cluster that went out a couple of years after I bought my tractor. My dealer was still in business and gave me a good deal on the replacement. I was angry and disappointed that Branson didn't consider the instrument panel under the "powertrain" warranty and wanted $800 for the replacement part. The dealer replaced it for me at their cost plus labor, which was about $500. I was sad to see them go out of business.

But this brings up a rule to live by of mine. Never make a purchasing decision because of a warranty. I have NEVER had a legitimate warranty claim go smoothly. Most of them are just summarily denied. Try to find a good, local dealer you can trust and build a relationship with them.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I did reach out to a few tractor dealers and one of them in Arkansas replied to me. He said...

"No Branson doesn't currently make that model in a cab but there is supposed to be a cab in the works for that tractor right now"

So for now, I'll wait patiently. Hopefully a 5835C will be available in a year. If it has the 4-cylinder, 58HP, mechanical pump engine with a simple, no-def DPF, I'll be one of those people saying, "Shut up and take my money!!"

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #7  
IMHO, I'd suggest delaying your tractor decision until you actually get to where you're going to be. Choose/decide then, with who the local dealer(s) are, and how close they are to you...

There is a Case/IH dealer and a JD dealer 5 miles from me. Orange is 30 miles. Blue or other red ones? 60+ miles.

IMHO, I'd suggest delaying your tractor decision until you actually get to where you're going to be. Choose/decide then, with who the local dealer(s) are, and how close they are to you...

There is a Case/IH dealer and a JD dealer 5 miles from me. Orange is 30 miles. Blue or other red ones? 60+ miles.

That's the plan. Remember this part form my original post?

"The plan is to sell the 3520H here and buy a new Branson 5835 when I get wherever it is that I am going to."

It keeps me from having to haul a tractor across the country along with everything else I have to move, and allows me to begin to establish a relationship with my new dealer.

For what it's worth we have narrowed it down to Eastern Tennessee. Looking now in earnest for the chunk of land to buy.

Last edited:
   / Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #9  
If you don't mind pblanton, I'd like to hear more about your Branson. I'm sure the new ones may have been improved a bit since your 2015 as far as stuff like the instrument cluster failure, but how is the quality of build and components?
I see looking at pics of a 5520 cab the interior doesn't look as refined as a Kubota or a Deere, but are they decent?

I'm still kinda concerned about a tractor that doesn't seem to keep established dealers. But I really like the fact I can get a 50 plus h.p. tractor WAY cheaper than a Kubota and know I will never have to worry about DPF or regen issues.

And you say yours was a hydro? How has the hydro performed? I'm not sure if I'd stay hydro or go with a gear trans.

/ Thinking about a new Branson 5835R but have some questions... #10  
Well, found a local dealer 2.5 hours from here. Called them and they no longer sell them and are closing altogether this year.
Guess I better get a second job at the gold mine I work at so I can afford another Kubota. LOL