Thinking about a new saw

/ Thinking about a new saw #11  
Look into the Echo CS-7310p, I have one and it's a great runner. Should be a nice replacement for the JRED2171.

/ Thinking about a new saw #12  
I've had a Husqy 350 for a long time and just ordered an Echo 6210-pw because I need a bigger saw. The 350 has been a great saw but it's near 20 years old and too small for my current needs. I'm not loyal to any brand and own products by Stihl and Red Max too. The biggest issue I've had is finding saws. Dealers in my area have little or now stock and no idea when their orders will be shipped. The research I've done shows it should be comparable for me instead of the equivalent Husqy or Stihl, but a few hundred cheaper. I won't be running it daily, but a couple of weekends per month taking down larger trees and then firewood. Ordered it online and should receive it next week.

/ Thinking about a new saw #13  
Look into the Echo CS-7310p, I have one and it's a great runner.
I didnt need anything that big in displacement but last week a mom n pop store here in Naples , Fl had that saw w/ 24 inch bar for $809 plus tax . Have not seen the Shindaiwa equivalent to it yet , if indeed they do make one .

/ Thinking about a new saw #14  
I am looking at an Echo CS-620P or PW. Looks like it will pull a 27" bar, but I will probably go 24".
My current CS-490 just doesn't have enough power to pull a 20" chain in dead Ash. I have a number of 20-30" trunks I need to buck and it's becoming a chore, the 490 is light and does well felling with the 20", but gets hot when dealing with lots of cuts in the bigger trunks or stump leveling.

I have heard good things about both the 562 and 620. 620 is cheaper, 1/2pound or less heavier and about .2 hp less.
I like the handle on the 620 a lot, but that's preference. and no computer.

The 2171 is almost 1hp more, and in the same weight class, so you will notice a difference.

562xp is almost $200 more by me then the CS-620.

Have fun shopping, hope you can find saws to run and see how they feel.
I bought an Echo 620p about 3 years ago. At the time, I was also looking at a Stihl 362. I was sold on the trouble free claim and the 5 yr warranty. It is a beast, in my view.

In about 10-20 cords of bigger oak cutting I have absolutley no complaints. Good weight, soid build, easy low compression start with easy consistent starting, no computer to worrry about, although the bugs are getting worked out of Stihls... very reasonable priced. I threw gas in and started it and never adjusted anything and still sounds good and pulls through logs very well.

I would get another 620P in a heartbeat.

/ Thinking about a new saw #15  
The biggest issue I've had is finding saws. Dealers in my area have little or now stock and no idea when their orders will be shipped.
The two dealers I've been to, Echo and Stihl, + Ace, have all been stocked up around here.

I would get another 620P in a heartbeat.
Yep, Echo is a great, underrated brand. Glad I gave them a try a few years back, after buying Stihl/Jonesred/Husky saws. My favorite ones are orange and come from Japan.

/ Thinking about a new saw #16  
I'm not brand loyal either,As mentioned before I own 3 Echos. which saved me several hundred dollars in purchase price. Yet the 562 Husky turning up at 14000 rpms will outcut the 590 Echo at +-12500.
If you're cutting/limbing all day those extra RPMs make a difference in production.

/ Thinking about a new saw #17  
I'm a big Echo fan, have the 310, 390 and 680. 100's of hours with no issues. I'd buy each and everyone again.

/ Thinking about a new saw #18  
Anyone have a Husky 562XP? I am now looking at a backup saw for the old Jonsy 2171.
I have a 562xp and also the Jonsered version, witch is the same saw with smaller bar mount and other minor differences.

The 562 hasn't been used much, but Jonny has been used a huge amount, both are good saws and have been reliable.

Because I have so many saws, I've been trimming the herd some, and I've actually been thinking of selling the 562xp because we really don't need it.

SR

/ Thinking about a new saw
My Jonsy 2171 has been and still is a reliable workhorse even though over the years have replaced all the broken plastic parts with spares from my old 2165, same carcass smaller piston.
If the 562XP is as trouble free I would get it in a minute,

/ Thinking about a new saw #20  
My 562XP is one of my favorite saws. Good size for all around use and lots of power for its size.