Rake Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake?

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #1  

Zebrafive

Tractor
John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415
RUN don't walk to TSC! I went there today and the 72 inchers were on clearance for $199.99. Smaller sizes were NOT on sale. I wish I had a 10% off coupon too, but $160 off is good enough :D:thumbsup:

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #2  
If the original price is $359.95, that is indeed a good price reduction.:thumbsup:

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #3  
Ah geesh, our local TSC doesn't stock them :(

Ken

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake?
Ah geesh, our local TSC doesn't stock them :(

Ken

Mine did not either, they got on the computer and found one at a different store 37 miles away.

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #5  
RUN don't walk to TSC! I went there today and the 72 inchers were on clearance for $199.99. Smaller sizes were NOT on sale. I wish I had a 10% off coupon too, but $160 off is good enough :D:thumbsup:

I paid $199 for my 54 inch. It works good. After I bought it I had second thoughts that I should have bought a toothbar. Thinking about buying a grapple ... so that would be a moot point. Just saying ... think about how you are going to use it.

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #6  
What is the stock number??

Thanks

Found one..... I have made one of those and was to make another... But for that I will buy.

They are holding for me....

Last edited:
   / Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #7  
My local TSC has one 72" left and they are holding it for me. For $199 I feel like I could try it, and if I didn't like it, I could always sell it and get most of my $$ back; but we're only talking about $200.

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #8  
Just got back from TSC. It's heavy duty and looks well-built. Again, I've got my concerns on how the straps will hold up moving and tearing down debris.

Can't wait to use it, but it will probably be a while because the ground is so saturated from the rains.

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake?
Ask for SKU 1125031

The one I bought had been marked down to $299.99 in Oct Then $199.99 on Dec 28th, the day I got it.

/ Thinking of buying a 72" Ratchet Rake? #10  
I just got the last 72" one at the TSC Fredericksburg VA for $199 but they have the other lengths at full price. The nice lady at Ratchet Rake said TSC is discontinuing the 72" (hence the clearance price). She wasn't sure if it was temporary or permanent. The clerk at TSC confirmed that is why they are on clearance. He didn't know what they are and said he never sold any. That is probably because they had them around back. I'd asked for them there before but didn't have any luck until I got the SKU. The 72" SKU is 1125031. The SKUs for the other lengths are 1125015 for the 52" and 1125023 for the 68".

I'd been thinking about one for a long time but at this price I couldn't pass it up. Having not used this yet, if I had to choose between the RR or my tooth bar it would probably be my tooth bar. It is probably what I use the most on my tractor. It is great for popping out rocks, small trees/stumps, etc. It also serves as an extension of sorts for my bucket for carrying lumber, fence posts, firewood, etc. I've found that I can pick up and balance some pretty big logs on the toothbar that I'd otherwise need forks for.

I'm reluctant to take off my tooth bar but I don't think the RR will work with it on. Over the winter it gets in the way a little when moving snow, manure, back-dragging, etc. Maybe I'll try to replace the bolts on my tooth bar with pins if i can find the right size since it seems I always have to cut the bolts off now matter what kind of nuts and protection I use.