Thinking of selling....

/ Thinking of selling.... #1  

BWeir

Tractor
2017 LS XR4145C
I’m thinking really hard about selling my 2017 XR4145C that has about 206 hrs, to upgrade to a larger 90 hp machine. What would you guys think it’s worth? Everything is still like-new condition, with the seat still having the plastic on it. The rear tires are filled.

/ Thinking of selling.... #2  
From what I've been reading on TBN, and the overall availability of tractors, either on the 'lot' or from the factory, I reckon that you would get close to what you payed for it.

/ Thinking of selling....
That’s kinda what I was thinking. Haven’t really seen any like mine for sale anywhere to compare. Guess that’s why, if there are non available.

/ Thinking of selling.... #4  
Talk to dealer first to get some idea,than try sell to public in certain amount of time...if was me me I would lean towards dealer won't have hassle of the public.

/ Thinking of selling.... #5  
If you trade it, and the dealer knows he can flip it quickly, he may give you a decent price. Might not be much less than what a "tire kicker" offers looking for a "deal".

When I traded my JD855 two years ago, the dealer had it sold in a month and he gave me about $1000 less than what I expected a private party to pay me for it.

/ Thinking of selling.... #6  
You (or your dealer) might find a buyer. But the XR series has been replaced by the upgraded MT3 series. If a buyer was looking for a tractor in this HP range with these features, and prices were similar, they would probably lean towards the new MT3 over a 4 year old older XR.

Keep in mind that the new MT3 vs a new XR is a bit more expensive. That buyer might be looking for a deal (arnt we all?). The asking price must be a bargain.

/ Thinking of selling.... #7  
I’m thinking really hard about selling my 2017 XR4145C that has about 206 hrs, to upgrade to a larger 90 hp machine. What would you guys think it’s worth? Everything is still like-new condition, with the seat still having the plastic on it. The rear tires are filled.
A dealer trade could be your best option.
A private sale can be difficult, if financing is required.

/ Thinking of selling....
Trading in is always easier, if the dealer is willing to be fair. I’ve been hearing that you can’t find any compact tractors at this moment, new or used. That’s not what has inspired me to sell, but rather me just needing a bigger machine, and the time happens to be now. Hopefully it will work in my favor as far as having a clean, low hour, popular-sized machine.

/ Thinking of selling.... #9  
You (or your dealer) might find a buyer. But the XR series has been replaced by the upgraded MT3 series. If a buyer was looking for a tractor in this HP range with these features, and prices were similar, they would probably lean towards the new MT3 over a 4 year old older XR.

Keep in mind that the new MT3 vs a new XR is a bit more expensive. That buyer might be looking for a deal (arnt we all?). The asking price must be a bargain.

Is the whole XR series going away or the xr41xx? I’m working on a deal for a xr3140 but I wasn’t aware a newer series was out?

/ Thinking of selling.... #10  
I'm not sure. I'm not an LS rep. There is probably some overlap, where the new model is phased in and the old is phased out. I think LS is in that transition phase right now, and who knows how long that might be.

Don't think that just because its being replaced that the XR series tractors are junk. They are still very capable tractors. The new versions just have some new bells and whistles. Just like trucks, new body design, new engine perhaps, new interior layout, every few years. Nothing wrong with the old ones, but everyone wants the new shinny penny.