This is what a fire storm looks like

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #2  
I sure would hate to be there. Lets hope they all get out!!!!

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #3  
Bless all who are there, hope they can make it. :horseshoe:

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #4  
I can't even get my mind around what it must be like to have a fire like that and I was a fireman for over 10 years. God, Help them. Ed

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #5  
Around 80,000 folks evacuated. 20,000 or so are trapped to the north as the only highway out is closed. They are being airlifted out. Two people killed in vehicle accident while leaving.

It's ugly.

One may wonder if permanent perimeter fire breaks may have worked? Our present style and materials used for new housing developments may also be questioned.

I know I have sympathy for those involved.

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #6  
So far nobody injured, they are hoping for the rain on Thursday coming to help. The military has stepped in to aid in evacuation and transporting fire fighters to key locations.

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #8  
Man that looks bad. It would seem they don't have enough firefighters and equipment. Could not the US government send firefighters from our northwestern states? I know it would cost a lot of money to get them there, but this is a serious situation.

/ This is what a fire storm looks like
It would seem they don't have enough firefighters and equipment. Could not the US government send firefighters from our northwestern states? I know it would cost a lot of money to get them there, but this is a serious situation.

The fire spread really quickly and is now claiming over 300 square miles. I's hard to get your mind around that. Check out how far and how fast it spread using the link below. It pretty much surrounded the townin 36 hours. Makes it hard to decide whether to and where to fight the fire.... or save yourself and others. I'm sure it quickly became a strategic nightmare.

Fort McMurray fire interactive map: NASA data shows fire invading town | Globalnews.ca
How big is the Fort McMurray fire? - Macleans.ca

/ This is what a fire storm looks like #10  
Man that looks bad. It would seem they don't have enough firefighters and equipment. Could not the US government send firefighters from our northwestern states? I know it would cost a lot of money to get them there, but this is a serious situation.

Most of the fire crews from the NW states have not been formed up yet. There are probably crews available from the SW and some engine crews from around here.
This is probably going to be a really bad fire year, we are already having eighty degree plus days and it's drying out fast. My soil temps are above sixty already, we don't usually see that for another three weeks.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in Fort McMurray.