Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I was watching tv last night and saw a light go past the window out of the corner of my eye. I looked out to see if there was a car in the driveway but didn't see anything. Then my wife saw a light pass by the kitchen window. She says, "hun, come here!", we both look out the window and there is the 8 month old German Shepherd running around with a solar light in his mouth! I wondered why the dogs weren't barking! lmao

Kevin

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #2  
Yep, had quite a few of those given to me awhile back, didn't take the Heeler anytime to destroy them:confused3:

Ronnie

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #3  
I was watching tv last night and saw a light go past the window out of the corner of my eye. I looked out to see if there was a car in the driveway but didn't see anything. Then my wife saw a light pass by the kitchen window. She says, "hun, come here!", we both look out the window and there is the 8 month old German Shepherd running around with a solar light in his mouth! I wondered why the dogs weren't barking! lmao

Kevin

A picture of that would have been fun.:)

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #4  
That's humorous and a real relief for you too. Guess the pup found it easier to get around if he could see where he was going.

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #5  
Doesn't matter what you prepare for, something is always going to happen that you never thought of!!! Nice to hear there wasn't anybody out there sneaking around your home.

One night when I got home, I heard music that sounded like it was coming from my pond. It was loud and very clear. I grabbed my pistol and drove my truck down there to see what was going on with my phone all ready to dial 911. When I got to my pond, I cold still hear the music, but it wasn't any closer. It was just everywhere. I drove over all my trails and never saw any lights, or sign of anybody playing music. Since then, I've had something similar with loud music happen twice. There is a gas station a mile away from my front gate, and the only thing I can think of is the conditions where just right to carry sound better then normal. I've notice this with cars driving down the road and thinking they where at my front door. Sound does funny things.

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #6  
The first month we lived in the house, I went outside to get some firewood and I heard some dag blamed music! LIVE music too! WTF! We moved out of the city to get away from that mess and now I hear music! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, the music could not be heard in the house so it was not THAT bad but the nearest house to us back then was a good 1500 feet away. Twas hard to tell from exactly what direction the sound was from but the nearest house that way is a good mile. :confused3:

I stayed still and listened and finally figured out the music was from a church about 1/2 mile away. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Danged kids. :D:D:D

We do hear the church from time to time, but not often, and they stop playing their loud music by 10:00pm. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

However, we do need to move. Land nearest our house had been subdivided years ago and last year a family built a house on one of the lots and moved in. Pretty quiet they are but I can hear there kids out yelling, screaming, being kids and having fun. We can see their lights through the trees and I would guess they are 500-800 feet away. Way to close. Time to move. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #7  
A few times a year we hear loud music and fireworks.
And that is only heard on the south side of our lake while the sound is from the north.
It emanates from a religious camp site that has occasional celebrations and is about 5 miles north.
It takes specific weather conditions for us to hear them, usually calm warm and humid.

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #8  
There is a home across the canyon... about a mile by car... not nearly as far straight line.

One morning I heard music and what sounded like people talking in my yard...

Turned out is was the people across the canyon... could actually make out some of the words... never happened again.

Air has the slightest breeze in my direction otherwise is was dead silent about 10 in the morning.

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #9  
We live on a hill. Across the road there are houses about 300 and 500 ft away. If it is still, you can hear my voice, at regular volume, as clear as if I was beside you if you stand on their lawns or porch. Gotta be careful what I say!!

Re trespasser story. In the spring my wife wakes me up about 9:30 pm. "There's somebody all dressed in black walking around the shop" she says. I throw on some pants and by the time I run outside (very dark where we live), I hear someone messing with the chain on the gate at the end of my laneway down by the road and there is a vehicle parked on the other side of the gate with it's headlights on. I run down the lane and lo and behold, it's a cop trying to open my gate so she can drive up. All dressed in black, no light other than silhouetted by her car.

Turns out I'd sold a truck to a buddy of mine about a month before and he got caught driving it without having properly switched the ownership over. I wasn't impressed with either my buddy or the cop. LOL

/ Thought we had a trespasser with flashlight last night #10  
^^^I thought you were going to say a bear... happened to a friend that saw someone crouched down... good thing he had a good flashlight!