Three day challenge

/ Three day challenge #21  
There's something I never understood about drinking, maybe someone has the answer.

When wife and I were in teens thru 20's we drank quite a lot. We had lots of "friends" (" "'s meaning drinking friends). One was my best childhood friend and every Saturday night a party, 30-40 people. Then the drive home (I was lucky) and a Sunday hangover. Then I say why not us go to the party, fooling everyone by drinking soda, a blast watching everyone else getting blasted. So we did and it was great. Never invited to another party.
Here I buy land next to neighbors we knew but not real well. I'm doing some work over there, guy's talking so glad I bought property then "have a beer!". I politely said we don't drink, but a Pepsi would be great!
Now they never even wave at us.
Other neighbors we get along great, and they offer wine...same thing. We speak, but not much.
Point is I believe most people drink. If you don't you're an outcast.
We've had so many friends (all rip) who drank in various degrees. That and an alcoholic brother is hard to take.
One friend used to have one cocktail a day. That's all...but he went to AA about a year ago. Nothing since.
I'm not being judgemental and I believe a huge part is genetics. Richard Overton was great, and almost made it to 113! Some Jack D. in coffee every morning along with a dozen Tampa Sweet cigars every day!

109-Year-Old Veteran and His Secrets to Life Will Make You Smile | Short Film Showcase - YouTube

But why is it if you don't imbibe you're chastised? We have few friends now.
Neighbor and I have had a beer on occasion. Maybe 3 or 4 beers over the 10 years we have lived next to each other. Now I've lost count of how many sodas we have shared.

Neighbors across the road do not drink. We've had dinners at both of the neighbors houses as well as them having dinner at ours.

We also help each other out when the need arises. Neighbor across the street dog sits for us on occasion. I salted and sanded his driveway during the most recent storm.

I blow the leaves off the other neighbors fence, then will run along his side of the fence and chop the leaves up so he doesn't have to deal with them. I also mow his ditch since his knees and hip won't handle it. I get a big thank you and offer to pay me.

They wave all the time, and stop to visit if they are driving by and I'm walking my dog. They will also come say hi when ever they see me.

I think it's just in the people.

Brother had lots of friends for a while. They used to pop into his place all the time and hang out there on the weekend. Till he quit stocking his fridge with and supplying the booze.

/ Three day challenge #22  
I really don't see the point to these "challenges" at all.

One of those internet fads I guess.

For this one specifically, if you have a problem with alcohol, going 3 days without drinking it won't do diddly squat for you.

If you don't have a problem with alcohol, why do "the challenge" at all?

I will pass on "the challenge". I will likely have a beer when I get home from work, maybe another at dinner, depending on what's served, and maybe a brandy or a scotch before bedtime.

Have fun with your challenge though.

/ Three day challenge #23  
^^^^
Look at the dates. This was started as a joke.

/ Three day challenge #24  
i have 1 friend that thinks life revolves around drinking. he and his x wife. After last stint in jail, hes divorced. supposedly stopped drinking...who knows. none of my other friends drink.

mind you, i still have 1-2 margaritas a year at a mexican restaurant and let the wife drive. but really...2 drinks a year. that doesnt count. usually the hottest day of year after a particularly sucky day.

/ Three day challenge #25  
My contribution to this thread: I'm from eastern europe.

/ Three day challenge #26  
I don't drink drink. I sip here and there. My sinuses are crap and my throat gets gooed up with drainage. A sip or three of that stuff above works wonders to clear it out and lets me sleep better. Sometimes I do generic nyquil type stuff instead.

Every bit is at home only. Never away. Haven't been in a bar since the mid 90s. I've been to places where they serve, but only to eat.

/ Three day challenge #27  
I've known people who get quite po'ed if you won't have a drink with them. Generally they are the type who have a problem with alcohol. I also know people who won't touch a drop. Generally it's because they had parents who were drunks and know the results.

As for me, I'm going to take the challenge. :thumbsup:

/ Three day challenge #28  
Last time I ever was attempted to get drunk was on my 21st birthday when my friends tried to get me drunk but after several shots of hard liquor, I still stood. Never dranked since because it’s just a waste of $ to me. I’d rather drink a nice tall glass of chocolate milk or OJ.

/ Three day challenge #29  
^^^^
Look at the dates. This was started as a joke.

Apparently that was lost on some. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8CFE6320-72E6-42D7-8AB6-4228A8D560D3.jpeg
    8CFE6320-72E6-42D7-8AB6-4228A8D560D3.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 206