Tier 1 or 2 emissions 100 hp tractor

/ Tier 1 or 2 emissions 100 hp tractor #1  

North to Alaska

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4520r
Hi all!

I will be getting a roughly 100 hp tractor for small farm work. Approx 200 acres or so in Delta Junction area of Alaska. Tractor mechanics are few are far between. Two main dealers and service providers for the Delta Junction and Fairbanks area are Deere and Kubota. Interestingly their mechanics are more geared to heavy industry equipment and not farm.
There is a New Holland dealer but I am incline towards the Deere and Kubota.

To shorten this story....
I am currently looking at getting a Kubota M9540 (about 2008 - 2010 no egr?) or John Deere 6100d to make it easier for me to work on myself and they have the older emission tier standards.
Main purpose is for field crops including plow/discing.
This size tractor can pull a JD 6601 pull behind combine just fine. Saskatchewan area has quite a few of those john deere pull behinds.
However, I am now looking at getting a 125 hp - 130 hp tractor for pulling a 7721 JD pull behind combine if there are no 6601's available.

What ever tractor I purchase will have to fit on a 12k trailer (possibly EBY) behind an F250 with 12.5k towing capacity. So 9,000 lbs is about all I am going to handle. (probably too much)

I am asking about options.
Do any of you have any other possible tractor models ideas that fit the bill of 125hp to 130hp that are not ancient (turn of the century) and are not too complicated?
For that matter, any alternatives to the M9540 or 6100D.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
   / Tier 1 or 2 emissions 100 hp tractor
I may have already found it..
M125x Kubota.