Tikka T3 Lite in .308

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #1  

Chilly807

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400DT
I'm considering this gun in .308 Win, curious as to your thoughts, experiences with the Tikka.

Sean

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308
Nobody has a Tikka?

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #3  
Nice smooth if you cannot afford or don't want to drop coin on a Sako then the T3 may be for you. I have a buddy that has one in .223 and it shoots very well, it is probably one of the smoothest actions I have lifted. The cons are safety location and fee hard to feel with gloves on, the magazine is plastic and I know of at least 1 broken one due to a cold weather drop.
Myself I would probably choose something different but that really means little, if you like it go ahead and give it a try.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #4  
I just picked up a very clean used one in a left hand stainless model in 270 Win. So far I am very impressed with the quality and function. I have several tuned Rem 700's with Hart barrels and this Tikka will hold it's own with any of them in the accuracy dept. Super slick bolt and an excellent factory trigger, easily adjusted I may add. Quality piece at a bargain price.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308
Mags are pricey too.. I'm pretty easy on guns, so it shouldnt be a problem. I like the floating barrel, they guarantee a minute of angle or better accuracy, hard to prove though!
Nice trigger too, really nice balance in your hands.

Sean

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #6  
I have found mags for about $50, not horrible IMO.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #7  
I'm considering this gun in .308 Win, curious as to your thoughts, experiences with the Tikka.

Sean
I own a few tikka,s.Very smooth bolt action rifles,you can,t go wrong.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #8  
Great rifle.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #9  
My brother has one that he really likes. I know it's a metric caliber but I don't remember which one.

/ Tikka T3 Lite in .308 #10  
I have one in 7mm-08. Sensational, rugged, well-balanced rifle that has taken many a coyote showing interest in my sheep at up to 300 yards. (Which is about as far as I can see given the density of our woods.)