Tip Angles

/ Tip Angles #1  
Tractor
RK55HC
Being brand new to tractors, I have no idea what grades are considered safe, caution, and extreme danger for tipping over. The 55HC manual doesn't discuss tip angles. I'm probably being overly cautious now. For instance this grade falls off to the left at about 3:12 to 4:12. Is that safe to drive through, no problem? (Probably a dumb question.) And I have an ATV trail with portions that get to maybe 6:12. Is that safe to drive up and down? Going up, I'd put it in 4WD, but I'm not sure what RPMs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210311_143626.jpg
    IMG_20210311_143626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
   / Tip Angles #2  
Every tractor is going to react a little differently. Just GO SLOW and take it easy. The idea being - learn without getting into dangerous situations. With time you will develop a "sensitive butt".

Remember - when you are at the limit - a quick motion or a wheel dropping in a hole/depression will change your situation from acceptable to dangerous.

/ Tip Angles #3  
oosik given great advice...just go with your gut feeling, maybe tiltometer might help.

/ Tip Angles #5  
I made a goof posting what I did, meant to delete it. Since I made the goof I was going to say my farmer now excavator neighbor and friend has many thousands of hours on different tractors, track hoes, Bobcats, etc.
He does things that to me are beyond belief.
I've always thought as I work "what if" as I'm working. You want heavy end uphill, the ground situation is critical (after a rain), I always go not tilted. When bush hogging I like to go around edge or real steep parts on a 10yo Cub RZT50 zero turn, center of gravity is low and it's safe.
I'd rather wimp out and be alive!
I recently moved a ton stump, had to go downhill twisty-turney. I loaded on truck instead, then pulled it off with tractor and several long chains.

/ Tip Angles #6  
I made a goof posting what I did, meant to delete it. Since I made the goof I was going to say my farmer now excavator neighbor and friend has many thousands of hours on different tractors, track hoes, Bobcats, etc.
He does things that to me are beyond belief.
I've always thought as I work "what if" as I'm working. You want heavy end uphill, the ground situation is critical (after a rain), I always go not tilted. When bush hogging I like to go around edge or real steep parts on a 10yo Cub RZT50 zero turn, center of gravity is low and it's safe.
I'd rather wimp out and be alive!
I recently moved a ton stump, had to go downhill twisty-turney. I loaded on truck instead, then pulled it off with tractor and several long chains.
Always a good idea....think about what you are doing.... it WILL save your life!
I bet it didn't take you that much longer ... plus you got to play with other toys!