Tip for handling filled tires alone please

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
I did my 16.9 x 30" 90% filled AGs on the 7520 using a gantry crane. It was no problem clearing the fender using lean. I didnt have the complication of hoist legs to interfere, but that seems solvable because the hoist assisted setup is inherently stable while youre figuring the next clever trick you need to do.

I think I understand what you mean by "lean" but can you expound?

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #42  
I man handled both rears on my old tractor in order to remove the axle housings. They were 16.9-28 filled with CaCl.

I just jacked it up enough to take the weight off, unbolted the center from the rim and walked it back and forth away from the tractor. I stored them upright on either side of the tractor ratchet strapped to the loader.

The key is to keep them up right. Mine would actually stand on their own although I'm sure a breeze would blow them over. They aren't that bad on pavement or concrete, not sure I'd do it in gravel.

I had called a guy with a service truck to do it. He said to do it myself and save the money.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #43  
I'm not sure how difficult and how much would be left by unloading tires. Also depends what they're loaded with and how to store to re-install it with pump. They would be easier to handle though. Jacking the tractor up to align to wheel, I would still use s jack stand about s inch below axle incase floor jack slipped or bleed off. Good luck , don't get in a hurry and be safe.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #44  
Kevin also made that reasonable point (see post #22) but I need leave them filled in the end. If I can't get them back on I can empty them as a last resort.

What is the need or reason for liquid ballast with the backhoe installed? I ask because the manual that came with my new backhoe equipped tractor said no liquid tire ballast was needed for the FEL as the backhoe provided sufficient ballast all by it's lonesome. You are adding a significant amount of weight to the rear of the tractor.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #45  
I made a wheel dolly to handle mine. Basically some 2x4's to form a cradal on casters. One end is open so I slide it in under the wheel when its jacked up, then undue the lugs and lower it and wheel it away. I added side supports to prevent tipping as well. Total cost was pretty low (I used scrap materials). Most importantly it was very safe and there was no manhandling and getting the lugs lined up to re-attach was very easy.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #46  
i had done many heavy industrial tires. on my backhoe i have now which is bigger than a case 580, i put a piece of plywood under the tire and shim the plywood up until the plywood supported the tire. take off lug nuts and wiggle tire loose and then wiggle tire off far enough to roll some place to keep standing up. to reinstall, roll tire back on plywood and shim back up to heigh. for shims i use scrap lumber some cut to wedge shape or as needed. to get the tire to rotate in position use grease on the plywood and slide as needed on the grease. i have done this by myself, but easier with 2 people.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
What is the need or reason for liquid ballast with the backhoe installed? I ask because the manual that came with my new backhoe equipped tractor said no liquid tire ballast was needed for the FEL as the backhoe provided sufficient ballast all by it's lonesome. You are adding a significant amount of weight to the rear of the tractor.

The backhoe will only be on the tractor intermittently.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #49  
The backhoe will only be on the tractor intermittently.

I figure mine will be off in the winter for pushing snow around but on for the warmer months for dealing with stumps and that sort of thing. I don't think R&R the hoe is as easy or quick of a deal that many make it out to be. Just because I saw it on YouTube doesn't mean I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #50  
I figure mine will be off in the winter for pushing snow around but on for the warmer months for dealing with stumps and that sort of thing. I don't think R&R the hoe is as easy or quick of a deal that many make it out to be. Just because I saw it on YouTube doesn't mean I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
The salesman made it look easy :)
I've found the more you use the quick attachments the easier it gets